Engine oil dipstick and dipstick tube 81 Elco 350

Tcrews42

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2021
Does anyone know the specific part number for the dipstick tube I would need for an 81 Elco with a csb350? Also, does the dipstick need to be part specific to it?

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Just order one for a small block chevy from Summit. Unless you are concerned about exact stock appearance, any SBC tube and dipstick will work. I did that when i rebuilt my 350 and ordered a chrome tube and dipstick set. To make sure things would be okay, the first time I filled the motor with oil, I noted where the level was on the dipstick. I figured as long as it wasn't outside of the makings, it was good to go.

Tcrews42

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2021
Just order one for a small block chevy from Summit. Unless you are concerned about exact stock appearance, any SBC tube and dipstick will work. I did that when i rebuilt my 350 and ordered a chrome tube and dipstick set. To make sure things would be okay, the first time I filled the motor with oil, I noted where the level was on the dipstick. I figured as long as it wasn't outside of the makings, it was good to go.
Ive tried three so far that all end up running into the A/C housing.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Try looking for a B-body Impala/Caprice tube & stick. I got one from a local dealership back in '04. Wish I had my parts books handy to post the p/n's. Might even be able to find a set at your local pick-a-part.

Reactions: 1 user

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Is it this one? Passenger side mounts in the block.

dipstick.jpg

If so the stick is 14026165, sorry don't have the tube number,

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Tcrews, didn't realize you had 350 motor with passenger side dipstick. The one above looks promising.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Correct, with a little heat and finesse, any piece of metal can be reshaped and made to fit. I agree...go slow and be patient working the metal! Good luck!

GbodyJunky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 4, 2022
I picked up a cheap '86 and later passenger side one and cut/fabbed it to land where I wanted especially since most are designed for cast manifolds not long tubes.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor