Engine running hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
Engine running hotter with ac on and I notice it start to jerk a little when driving. With ac of it runs fine , is this a simple fix if so how can I fix it, it went to 260 degrees

Attachments

• E35BF493-3B01-4CF6-8DC8-5957C933E3D5.jpeg
    E35BF493-3B01-4CF6-8DC8-5957C933E3D5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
First we really need to know the year, make, model, and sub model of your car and engine, stock or highly modified, etc.

It could either be something wrong with the engine giving it a slighty weak idle that shows up under the increased load of the A/C system or something is wrong with the A/C system causing excessive drag. I would first check the idle speed in drive with A/C system on and off. Most engines have a method for automatically increasing idle speed when the A/C is on but it varies with each engine brand, Chevy, Olds, and Buick. Chevy uses a simple kicker solenoid, Olds and Buick use more complex methods for kicking up the idle. Its likely you either have a vacuum leak or late ignition timing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor