EL CAMINO Engine Swap Buick 231 for Olds 350?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldscarnut

Master Mechanic
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
DSCN0140.JPG
I have pretty much finished with the looks, ride and interior, but the more I start and move it around, and see the drips under it, I can see that a pull and rebuild is probably in the future. It's a Buick 3.8. I have always preferred Olds to the other GM engines. I especially do not want a SBC because it DOES NOT bolt right up to the TH 350. I would like to find a quality Olds 350 and drop it in. I have built several 60's and early 70's 350s to the Rallye 350 specs (W-31 Cam) and been every happy with the performance, and Olds rumble. I do not want to alter any part of the exterior, (cowl) or even LS/posi because essentially the car/truck is for Lowe's runs and putting around to shows and events, not racing except with the Honda chuckleheads who never learn torque beats rpm. :) I would like honest feedback but I do not need to hear of the virtues of SBC. It ain't happening! It is basically build a 3.8 Buick or an Olds 5.7. The extra weight of the V-8 may push down my front springs enough to counter the removal of all A/C parts by the previous owner even! Remember WA is not to hot on this side of the mountains. A/C would be nice at times but not necessary 95% of the time for me and much too expensive to assemble and remanufacture the pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor