Engine swap help

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Who wrapped your headers? The wrap looks like it was installed dry.

1539907862221.png

Sanguia1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2018
do you want to go hei or with a remote coil? Stay away from the chinsese junk and spend a little money on it. DUI makes great distributors and they custom tweak it for the engine you have
Tbh idk difference. Like I said recommendations n advice would be great appreciated

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Guy we bought el camino from. Dry??
When you wrap headers you are supposed to get the wrap moist so you can pull it tight and when it dries it seals correctly.
I always start at the header flange and work my way down to the collector so you don't see the stainless straps.
IMG_1365.JPG

Sanguia1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2018
When you wrap headers you are supposed to get the wrap moist so you can pull it tight and when it dries it seals correctly.
I always start at the header flange and work my way down to the collector so you don't see the stainless straps. View attachment 97797
Good catch yup dry n tore apart easy on motor installation. Probably just take em off since driver side tore. My God that motor is beautiful.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Good catch yup dry n tore apart easy on motor installation. Probably just take em off since driver side tore. My God that motor is beautiful.
Thanks for the compliment, the wrap works great if installed correctly but if it is going to be used as a daily driver I would get the headers coated instead since the wrap with not hold up to long term weather conditions.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor