Engine Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
There was a post here of someone looking for info on an Engine swap in their car, I'm curious as to what happened to that. A statement in it was along the lines of if something was said that would hurt feelings the whole post would be deleted, so I take it a few of us talking about engine setups the OP did that?

If words on the damn internet did that, God help you when you bust a knuckle or break a nail IF, and that's a big IF, you work on your own car.

That is all.

If this is stirring up a mess well fell free to delete. Just wondering what men we have here on this forum, seems to be dwindling.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
There was a post here of someone looking for info on an Engine swap in their car, I'm curious as to what happened to that. A statement in it was along the lines of if something was said that would hurt feelings the whole post would be deleted, so I take it a few of us talking about engine setups the OP did that?

If words on the damn internet did that, God help you when you bust a knuckle or break a nail IF, and that's a big IF, you work on your own car.

That is all.

If this is stirring up a mess well fell free to delete. Just wondering what men we have here on this forum, seems to be dwindling.
Only missed the last half hour or so.....didn't seem like it was headed off the rails.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Only missed the last half hour or so.....didn't seem like it was headed off the rails.
It wasn't, that's why I'm wondering what happened here. It opened with a statement of pretty much "if I don't hear what I want to hear..".

So if that's the case, why ask.🙄

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I remember him thanking us for the great input.
MAYBE he heard enough to make a decision.
And instead of having the discussion devolve into a sbc vs ls battle, he pulled the plug. His thread, he can do what he wants with it.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I was going to comment in that thread that I am perfectly happy with my 355 SBC and 200R4 in my Regal but watched it go to basically an LS or nothing thread.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I know what my last comment was, why I'm wondering what I missed.

My input was a nice Vortec SBC, slap some good Heads on it with the newer type of Carb flange mounted EFI, or an LS. I've worked with both why I say that.

All kinds of parts out now, only limit is the bank account.

Last edited:

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Yea, I guess I'm looking at it in the aspect of you ask people for their input, they take the time to give it to you, why delete the thing..🤷‍♂️

Someone already said he made a closure post thanking people for the inputs so there's that atleast. I didn't see it, hence me asking it in my first post.

The opening got me though, it's one of them if you're looking for it to go to crap, well it'll go to crap. Let things go the way they go.

As I said, if this isn't needed well admin can nix it, just was curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor