enigine swap help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hotrod87 said:
God no Drransom my experiences could never outweigh yours, i agree with you in most of the things you say when you are talking tech, it is only when you are basing other models is when i think your a b%&$h

No bashing of models at all. For a second vehicle I'd love a Malibu wagon or an Elky ... They'd probably get an LS engine installed. I just like my Oldsmobiles - Oldsmobile. Since the marque has BEEN dead (although the cars they called Olds really weren't missed). It causes pains to see another one hacked over and a Chebbie dropped in. Plenty of Montes out there and YES, if I had an ugly *ss Gran Prix (warning personal opinion) - I'd consider a 400 or 455 Pontiac!

jrm81bu said:
It is funny that the only motor you seem to have a problem with is chevy. You said yourself you don't mind caddy's.

Caddy 472/500s hell yeah. It's still a very rare swap and you don't really have to do ANYTHING to make mountains and montains of torque! I wouldn't mind seeing someone else do a Northstar or Aurora in a G-body (just not me, I aint got the $$$ for the R&D/fabrication) but what a badass idea.

Funny the response went back to claiming that an olds is better. I'm not about to even try to argue, no one will win that. I'm not limited to just chevys in my knowledge either, but that is my personal choice. Do you see me complaining at all or bashing at all about someone engine choice. My complaint is that you have the need to bash everyone that wants to put a chevy in their olds. This is not the first time i've stated this either.

I'm an equal oppotrunity bitcher. If I seen someone constantly bashing people for put an olds motor in a chevy, i'd call them out too. Everyone has their opinions, but nobody needs to continually bash people for going against yours.

Anyone got a problem with a 440 mopar in a malibu? lol just an idea that I know NO ONE has done yet.

patmckinneyracing said:
Anyone got a problem with a 440 mopar in a malibu? lol just an idea that I know NO ONE has done yet.

There's a '69 Camaro around here with a 440 in it.
It was funny seeing a Camaro at an all Mopar car show...

I'm almost positive that i've seen a mopar in a malibu somewhere. Not sure if it was a 440 or not though.

I think most people come to these sights seeking other peoples knowledge through there own mistakes or accomplishments, that pertains to an issue they are facing, not their opinion. I tend to agree...power it by what it is....however everybody situation is diffrent. I personally do not have a lot of money and really lucked into a strong sbc. i draged it last year and got the bug and wanted to transplant it into a gbody. of course my first choice was a malibu or a monte, but i was able to get a very straight rust free cutlass with a bad motor for 500. that is why i am here...not to be bashed because i am putting a sbc in a cutlass

Put whatever you want in there... It's your car!
That's the beauty of these cars, they'll accept just about any motor you can throw at them.

Hell, I had a Chevy 350 in my 442 for a while after I blew the original 307 up. Big ****ing deal.
Anyone wanna give me a hard time for it? It'll fall on deaf ears.
The motor was free, and I could either put a SBC in it and drive it, or let the car sit while I saved for another motor.
Easy decision. The car had the 350 for 2 years and I was able to continue to enjoy the car until I was ready to install the Olds 455.

My Cutlass wagon has a Chevy 350 in it too. I bought the car with no motor/trans, and I had the motor laying around from another car I parted out. Sure, it'd be fun if it had an Olds motor in it, but at this point I honestly don't care...

I don't lose any sleep over it, and neither should any of you.

hotrod87 said:
I think most people come to these sights seeking other peoples knowledge through there own mistakes or accomplishments, that pertains to an issue they are facing, not their opinion. I tend to agree...power it by what it is....however everybody situation is diffrent. I personally do not have a lot of money and really lucked into a strong sbc. i draged it last year and got the bug and wanted to transplant it into a gbody. of course my first choice was a malibu or a monte, but i was able to get a very straight rust free cutlass with a bad motor for 500. that is why i am here...not to be bashed because i am putting a sbc in a cutlass

truck looks pretty sick (assuming this was what previously had the SBC) ... what happenned to the truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor