Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
4 hours behind the mower today. When I mow, I think. Playing with the idea of fencing off 2 sections for sheep. They keep the grass down and are lower maintenance than goats. Less destructive too. Ideally I think I'd like to find someone to rent the space. 4H kids maybe? I'd probably let them do it for free. Less work for me and free fertilizer.

This area was mostly a gravel parking lot 2 years ago but I've been letting the grass take it back.

It's the section at the bottom of the hill between the front yard and the highway. Probably could make about 2/3 acre pasture. The future shop site and above where the little blue house currently resides could be another 2 acre pasture.
If I decide to move forward with this plan it'd be next spring. That gives me close to a year to clear trees and brush, then do some fencing.

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
4 hours behind the mower today. When I mow, I think. Playing with the idea of fencing off 2 sections for sheep. They keep the grass down and are lower maintenance than goats. Less destructive too. Ideally I think I'd like to find someone to rent the space. 4H kids maybe? I'd probably let them do it for free. Less work for me and free fertilizer.

This area was mostly a gravel parking lot 2 years ago but I've been letting the grass take it back.

It's the section at the bottom of the hill between the front yard and the highway. Probably could make about 2/3 acre pasture. The future shop site and above where the little blue house currently resides could be another 2 acre pasture.
If I decide to move forward with this plan it'd be next spring. That gives me close to a year to clear trees and brush, then do some fencing.
A shop with road feontage(y)

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
20180509_213710.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 10 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
And not a damn thing has been done to the house in almost a week. No updates aside from mounting frustration on my part.

Sooo...I just focused on outside stuff. There is a small pasture at the bottom of the hill next to the driveway. I'm sure at some point it was nice but it was completely overgrown when I bought it. In the last year I cleared it and trimmed, then retrimmed the trees all around it. I also removed some of the beat down fencing. It was overgrown again so I started with burning all the branches, trimmed some trees even more, then mowed. Some before and after shots.

Still needs more work but more presentable than it was when I started.

The other project was mowing the upper field.

And the section next to the little blue house. This is where my future shop will likely go.

The septic guys left a giant pile of gravel in the middle of my field that will probably find it's way onto my driveway. Once I get the little blue house moved out I'll drag the disc around it. I'll also need to rent a skidsteer and clean up the edges of the driveway and irrigation ditches.

Reactions: 6 users

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
looking great man. just went through the entire thread. wish the pics from earlier posts were there. looks beautiful though.

we have wild peacocks on my street and the males sound like they use a bullhorn when they do their calls!! so annoying. my dogs keep them off my land, but i still hear them although they are like 1/4 mile up the road like they are right next to my ear.
My two roosters just add to the symphony.

i always wanted to go out west and explore, ride horses through the mountains, etc. but its too cold for me to live there so maybe a summer vacation. thats why I left New York...well that and the hipsters.

i will keep my butt in Florida.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Thanks for enduring the whole thread. Sorry about the lost pics. I was hoping mods would solve that like some other forums did. Maybe eventually.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I'm living vicariously through this thread. We had some cool clouds roll through the area last evening.
IMG_20180513_204646112.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Prep work before round 2. This paint crew seems pretty thorough.
20180515_180746.jpg
20180515_180642.jpg
20180515_180632.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Meet the Rainbro Warrior.
IMG_57101.jpg
IMG_57121.jpg
I saw this on CL yesterday and asked a buddy who was local if he'd pick it up for me. He did because he's awesome. Nothing really special but the price was right. My plan is to get current on all the maintenance and do a couple small comfort upgrades once I get it home in a few weeks (it's 450 miles away). Then it'll be my loaner for when buddies are in town.
More in a month or two on this one.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor