Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
First off, cool thread. I have to wonder if I am the only one who gets your reference to a Clutch song for a thread title (no one else has mentioned it).

Okay, file this under cosmic coincidence because you probably won't believe this. I'm working out of town and staying in Medford, Or tonight. Got to my hotel early and my room wasn't ready yet. So, I'm waiting outside in my car when this dude walks out the door and I think to myself, damn, that guy looks just like Neil Fallon...I mean a LOT. Pull out my phone and look up the tour schedule. They were in Portland last night and they'll be in SF tomorrow night. I'm texting a buddy that I think I may have had a Clutch sighting when this other dude walks by. Yup, that's the drummer. I guess that explains the buses in the lot.
20181010_165125.jpg
20181010_164939.jpg

What are the odds of that?

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Hectic couple days off between gigs. Finally got the title mess straightened out on TW #2 so I hauled it down to Murphy for the VIN inspection and transfer.

On my way down there I stopped off and snapped a couple pics of the fog/steam on the Snake. There wasn't a single car in the lot at the boat ramp.

Went over to my dad's shop and moved some more things around. He was cleaning up his El Camino a little. Says he's got new wheels and tires on the way. Not sure what I think about that. The old Appliances and white walls are all my grandpa ever ran on it so seeing anything else will be really odd to me.

And when I was all done working I managed to get out and function test my A1 build and the other 2 recent acquisition.

Sold my bird gun last week so it was easy to justify the accounting for the Bersa and the Savage.

...and now I'm working in Texas for 2 days...

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Steveshow

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 13, 2015
I have a soft spot for El Caminos...My first car was a le mans blue 71 EC. I started working on it when I was 13 in 1984. I bought it for $300 with money from doing odd jobs. It wasn;t running due to a stripped nylon cam gear. My uncle dad and brothers helped me swap in a Crane 350/300 blueprint cam, cast iron 4 barrel and q jet in place of the 2 barrel (dual jet?) Sold it in 1993/4. I miss that tank. I cloned it into an SS with a bunch of parts I stripped off a wrecked 70 Chevelle SS; dash, hood, rear axle and disc brakes. During the time I had it, I built a nice 355 with around 325/ 350 hp. It was a runner... I also had a 69 I bought as a parts car for $200 due to the floor being completely gone. Weird deal. No rust on the rest of the car. I ended up pulling parts like the bed trim, tailgate and doors and sold it. It was light green with a black interior.

Texas is a big 'un. What part of the state are you working in?...Greetings from Leander, just NW of Austin! Keep your feet dry and watch for low water crossings. We have had a real turd floater here the past week or so, especailly just NW of here...

Last edited:

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'm basing out of Tyler and working in 5 other towns within 80 or so miles in each direction. Not sure why I typed 2 days. It'll be almost 2 weeks with travel days. Been here all week and I'll be home for about 2 hours then back out of town for a couple more days. I barely remember what home looks like.

Reactions: 1 user

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
A little blast from the past...
My brother sent me this pic of the lowrider he built about 25 years ago. I'm responsible for the Gene Winfield inspired fade paint. I remember the green was one of those short cans of Testor's model paint.

When I seen yours I had to dig mine out.:cool:
20181021_191111.jpg
20181021_191111.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Back from Texas just long enough to do a load of laundry then back on the road. Update on Sunday.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor