Evaporator Question Update 1/31 Got Some Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Since I had to take the AC box apart to attach the ground wire to the heater core I figured I would try to take care of the evaporator insulation while I was at it. You guys that have followed my threads know Im a little picky about some stuff.
I ran out to my favorite junk yard today. The owner and I have become pretty friendly. He lets me pick through anything he has in the yard although the G body supply is getting real low. He still has a couple of Cutlasses out there and I knew one of them still had the AC box still on the firewall. The car looked mostly original. I took the top cover off the box and the evaporator and core were untouched.
The filter was pretty beat up but I was able to get the plastic clips and the wire clips for the bottom. Pretty happy about finding them ! If I didnt find them in the Cutlass theres another yard with a few cars but theyre more complete so it would have probably taken much longer.
I also found this filter material at a local AC supply. Its a little finer than the original but I think it will work. Feels like a similar material just a closer mesh.

IMG_0036 (002).jpg
IMG_0037 (002).jpg
IMG_0039 (002).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor