Ever just want to quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
I got my malibu off a buddy I've known since elementary school. Plan was build a racecar with my daughter. After pulling some of the interior I found the rear sheet metal completely hacked out for a speaker system. So I made braces. Then I got the carpet out and the floor is gone. Like literally came out with the carpet. Don't know how I didn't fall through it.
That was the first maybe this ain't worth it moment.
Low and behold from another friend I sourced a floor. In the meantime my other friend had a set of aluminum heads and a 8.5 rear. Well now that was on a small trailer that was stolen off his property. It's like a greater power is trying to keep me from building this car

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
Don’t let it stay on it. I had my car torn into a 1000 pieces at several different places. Almost got it back together after 5 years now. It’s worth it.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I've had the engine out, torn down, put back together, and reinstalled three times this winter. Now the trans is smoked.

It's still worth it.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I've been chasing an intermittent issue that makes my car undrivable...for over a year now. Every time I get really frustrated or lose motivation on it, I always tell myself "it doesn't cost me anything for it to sit there." Sometimes its worth it for me to take a step back, gather my thoughts/money and come up with a plan. Then it seems like things just fall into place and my motivation is back.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Building almost any older car that was used for daily transportation is a challenge. If it was easy , everyone would do it, jump in and enjoy the ride.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I have the flu... and it has slowed me down a hair on getting the wagon back together. But, no - I never really feel like quitting - not ever.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor