Ever regret selling a "G" body car?? Would love to hear your story...here's mine....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Many years ago while on my route delivery Job I had at the time, I spotted a 1984 Buick Regal 4 door Limited sitting at a garage. I had never seen one loaded up like this one with the rare options i'm about to list. It had white leather 45/45 split seats with the non operating center console, digital dash, aluminum allow wheels, power everything ect ect. It was a rust free car, however it was from Florida and the interior as well as the chalk blue paint were toast. The 3.8 V6 had an acquired knock too, hence, why it was at the local garage. I purchased the car and never did anything with it, so I stripped some parts from it and junked it. For years and YEARS I regretted doing it, just for the fact it was an oddity for sure and I have NEVER seen another 1984 Buick Regal 4 door with the leather and digital dash. (Believe me, I have looked non stop lol) Fast forward MANY years later, about 7 years ago, I found and purchased another!!! This one is a keeper for sure, from NC, no rust, PERFECT white leather 45/45 seats with non operating center console ( picture below) along with the digital dash, allow wheels, Twilight sentinel. all power options and is triple white. I still regret selling the first one I found, but am very happy to have found this one in this awesome of shape 1 owner with 25k on it. Would love to hear of any one else who has a story of a car they had sold and regretted it. Hopefully your story will have a happy ending like mine did. Have a great day and am looking forward to some interesting reading! :)

Attachments

• 1984  4 door limited.png
    1984 4 door limited.png
    666.8 KB · Views: 274
Reactions: 1 users

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
My first car was a 86 Monte SS. I loved that car. I bought it back in 04 when I was 19. In 07 the transmission started to go in a bad way. It would act as if it jumped out of gear I was dumb, ignorant, & didn’t have a lot of money so I sold her. Fast forward 6 months I save 6 grand and start cursing at myself for lettin the car go. So 12 years later I am looking for another Monte SS.

Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
My first car was a 86 Monte SS. I loved that car. I bought it back in 04 when I was 19. In 07 the transmission started to go in a bad way. It would act as if it jumped out of gear I was dumb, ignorant, & didn’t have a lot of money so I sold her. Fast forward 6 months I save 6 grand and start cursing at myself for lettin the car go. So 12 years later I am looking for another Monte SS.
Same here, wish we could go back in time with the knowledge we have now! :)

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
My first car after I moved out on my own: 81 LeMans, 3.8, vinyl interior, manual locks and windows. The 6 was blowing white oil smoke, I really wanted a Quad4, so I traded it in on an 89 Calias S, 5 speed, 4 door. Had I known then how hard to find they were, I probably would have kept it. I was 19, and just didn't know any better. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
My first car after I moved out on my own: 81 LeMans, 3.8, vinyl interior, manual locks and windows. The 6 was blowing white oil smoke, I really wanted a Quad4, so I traded it in on an 89 Calias S, 5 speed, 4 door. Had I known then how hard to find they were, I probably would have kept it. I was 19, and just didn't know any better. :rolleyes:
OH WOW! Thats a great story! U had a 81 Le mans TOO! Was yours a 2 or 4 door? Mine was 4 door...it was a KKOOL car!! One year only front end on those too :(

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
About 20 years ago i had a beautiful Black 1984 Buick Regal with the Dark Claret interior. Ran perfectly smooth (stock V6), and body was perfect..no rust and this was in NYC!
when my wife got pregnant, and we had our daughter, it was tough getting the car seat in and out. then, while my daughter was only about 6 months old, my wife got pregnant again (i know right)
we decided the car would be too small for two car seats and regretfully i sold it and bought a 4 door POS Cadillac Catera (car was only two years old, but was a total heap).
man i always regretted selling that Regal, we both loved the car. Hence why i now own another 1984 buick regal, that will most likely end up being painted black when the engine work is done....kids are almost out of the house, and my son just leased a 2018 Mazda 3, so he probably wont be driving the Regal as a daily. another year and hes off to college, so Regal will stay with me LOL

Reactions: 2 users

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
First car was an 87 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Was blue with a white pinstripe and all the chrome as well as a full vinyl blue top. I have never seen one with a factory full roof top since.... bought it from a buddy and I was 3rd owner. Kept the car a couple years until the timing chain let go and trashed the motor. Had no where to work on it or store it so had to let her go. Other than the motor.. was mint as far as interior (blue 60/40 bench with pillow tops) and body went. Several years went by and was able to buy it back for $500. The guy i sold it too never took care of it. Busted the drivers glass and instead of changing just the glass, he put a mis-matched regal door on it. He put in a used 350 rocket that was knocking when i bought it back. Then he started parting out the interior before I could buy the car back. Made me sick when i got it home and started finding so many missing parts and then to find that the floor pans, trunk pan, and frame were all starting to rot from not washing the salt off it. Started running the figures and was gonna cost way more than ever worth to fix it all so i sold it again not thinking about wanting to save her. Been looking ever since for it because I've kicked myself for not trying to save it. This is one of the only pictures I have of her.

Attachments

• 1af7efa33098f2160a3b3a50e4c488de.jpg
    1af7efa33098f2160a3b3a50e4c488de.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 249
Reactions: 2 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
About 20 years ago i had a beautiful Black 1984 Buick Regal with the Dark Claret interior. Ran perfectly smooth (stock V6), and body was perfect..no rust and this was in NYC!
when my wife got pregnant, and we had our daughter, it was tough getting the car seat in and out. then, while my daughter was only about 6 months old, my wife got pregnant again (i know right)
we decided the car would be too small for two car seats and regretfully i sold it and bought a 4 door POS Cadillac Catera (car was only two years old, but was a total heap).
man i always regretted selling that Regal, we both loved the car. Hence why i now own another 1984 Buick regal, that will most likely end up being painted black when the engine work is done....kids are almost out of the house, and my son just leased a 2018 Mazda 3, so he probably wont be driving the Regal as a daily. another year and hes off to college, so Regal will stay with me LOL
That's an awesome story! I'm glad you purchased another one, once your hooked your hooked lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor