Exhaust advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
hey guys. Need some advice if possible.
My regal has a 307 with dual exhaust and its rigged up to say the least. PO had pipes stuck inside other pipes and looks like a piece of home depot conduit. When i run the car to temp the drivers side pipe smokes!! The entire pipe smokes. Not like a pin hole. Its scary

So anyway. I am buying a new system. This is a daily driver. No track none of that so i dont want to spend 800 on hooker pipes or something

Summit racing has a set for gbody with mufflers for 229 and jegs has a kit on sale for 206. Anyone have any experience with either?

Pypes is like almost 500

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
From another thread on here about Pypes I would stay away from them... Quite a few other options though. You may want to check locally to see how much a local shop would cost to make a system. You may find it's the same price. I have a local shop that only works with stainless steel and they are very reasonable. Usually only a few $ more than plain steel at other shops. Ask at cruise ins or car shows where guys went to get exhaust work done. That will be you best bet IMO

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Summit & Jegs have their own house brand with out any cross over set up in both standard & stainless with the stainless about the same price as the Pypes straight tail set. Holley & Flowmaster has sets but are pricy.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
From another thread on here about Pypes I would stay away from them... Quite a few other options though. You may want to check locally to see how much a local shop would cost to make a system. You may find it's the same price. I have a local shop that only works with stainless steel and they are very reasonable. Usually only a few $ more than plain steel at other shops. Ask at cruise ins or car shows where guys went to get exhaust work done. That will be you best bet IMO
Thx i will call a few local shops tomorrow

Reactions: 1 user

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Summit & Jegs have their own house brand with out any cross over set up in both standard & stainless with the stainless about the same price as the Pypes straight tail set. Holley & Flowmaster has sets but are pricy.
Yeah i saw both sets. They looks very sinilar with jegs on sale right now. They even have a set with long headers for $446 right now

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Those cheap sets are just that CHEAP!!! They will rot away in a couple years. Go stainless and do it ONCE

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
With all due respect to Streetbu, I recently put a Pypes system on my regal and it fit like a glove. I've read that other thread and the problem seems to be with the rear exit tailpipes. I have the side exit and like I said no issues. I also used Pypes 455 Buick Skylark manifold downpipes and stainless step band clamps. If they have Olds 307 downpipes and you use the side exit kit, I'm sure you'll have no issues. BTW, I got the Race Pro kit, mufflers are nice and quiet around town until you get on it. I previously had a cheap Summit Gbody exhaust and the fit was terrible.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor