Exhaust crossover plates and Edelbrock plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
I have new Edelbrock plugs it’s my intention to grind down and tack weld into my heads and I have the old Mondello crossover plates that didn’t burn through but burnt through the gasket would it cause any issues or be a bad idea to use the plugs tack welded into the head with the plates RTV to my Edelbrock 7111 intake and my felpro metal gasket I figure it will give an extra line of defense and no harm considering I have them laying around.

Thoughts?

Also just for giggles the oil pressure sending unit on my car has a pipe that screws into the block and then the unit screws in on top will it cause any issues with readings etc to Teflon tape the threads I believe I had heard something in the past but wanted to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d00231327644cffc5993cf7efb05fb86.jpg

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The plugs can rattle. You have be careful welding cast iron, pre heating is a good idea. You can use either the Felpro 96009 Turkey tray or the Felpro steel shim gaskets 9947-1 without the Turkey tray. Unless you fill the heads with aluminum, the heat will still be there. The pic below is the Felpro 9947-1.
20190608_121253.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
Yea I have the 9947-1 because I have a Mondello windage tray already installed and that’s not good I can’t just give them a couple tack welds to hold them in place?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm thinking high-temp epoxy putty. It'll tighten up the rattle clearance. There's a thread on classiolds about "Home Porting Techniques" in the Racing section where Dave welded some in; check that out.

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
After looking around and looking at my empty wallet I’m probably gonna swing jb weld extreme temp I’ve heard it will do just fine if prepped correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor