Exhaust question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph1135

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 1, 2017
I’m going to be replacing the tired 305 in my 84 Grand Prix. I’m also going to be changing over to a dual exhaust. Would be it be a bad idea to change the exhaust before I swap the engine? Just thinking of getting as much done as I can before the engine goes in.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Is the motor going to be an SBC? Are you adding headers? if No/yes are the answers (or Yes/yes), wait on the exhaust until the motor is out/in.

If Yes/no, go ahead and put on exhaust.

Joseph1135

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 1, 2017
It just got a new transmission. I already have a cross over. New 350 will come later this year.

Joseph1135

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 1, 2017
Are you going to pull both the motor and trans as a unit, or just the motor?

Duals need a new or modified trans X member, so that will be coming out. if you pull the motor with the transmission, its easier to swap the Xmember with the motor out.
Thank you. This is my first one. As you can tell I’m overly excited for this. The only thing that would be better is a pack of wild lesbians.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor