Experimenting with air cleaner look

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGillicutty

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2018
Oshawa, Ontario
Hi folks, please let me know what you think. I just sanded and repainted the air cleaner on my Chevy 305. I don't really want to go crazy with decals, I'm just trying to get things looking clean and tidy. I thought maybe some discrete kind of Chevy identifier would be nice. I picked up some Chevy vinyl decals and here's how they turned out. I don't know how long they will survive the engine bay heat. If I decide to keep them I can try to find something more permanent. Otherwise if they fall off, then so be it. Any opinions or other ideas? Thanks, Dave.
IMG_8712.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I know it will probably slow the car down if you remove them but I personally think without the decals it would look more "factory fresh".

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
As stock/original as that engine bay is, I think it looks better without them. Personally, I'm a fan of clean factory engine compartments. We all know it's a Chevy anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Jimmy

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2016
Gulfport, MS
First of all that is a really clean engine compartment. I think it looks good. It would look good with or without the decals. I would leave them on and as you say if they fall off or start looking bad take them off. Its no big deal. Just my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
Its your car do with it as you wish, And to your own satisfaction since you pay the bills,,

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Its your car do with it as you wish, And to your own satisfaction since you pay the bills,,
I know that is the politically correct response but if the OP asks what people think there is nothing wrong with giving your opinion

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor