HELP Extended Wheel Stud Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I used the Dorman studs but after going back to Rally 2 rims the studs were too long now. So I also used very tall acorn style bulge lugs. The stud is totally enclosed and I use liberal doses of anti-seize on the threads. The only time they get touched is when I swap from Summer to Winter tires. I have no complaints about the plating since it gets worn off immediately anyway.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Just call ARP. A little more money 💰 but excellent quality and customer service. ARP studs on all 4's of my build

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I used the Dorman studs but after going back to Rally 2 rims the studs were too long now. So I also used very tall acorn style bulge lugs. The stud is totally enclosed and I use liberal doses of anti-seize on the threads. The only time they get touched is when I swap from Summer to Winter tires. I have no complaints about the plating since it gets worn off immediately anyway.
i bet there's complaints about the liberal amounts of anti-seize mysteriously showing up everywhere after said swap though.. :p

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Aaaah, what's a little anti-seize?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
2dfbc849b871f2b11d1ab373f9ee030e.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor