F-41 vs standard steering box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
This is driving me crazy. Are the F-41 steering box and the standard steering box totally interchangeable or not? RockAuto's CARDONE rebuilt specs show two different spline counts on the input shafts. I have never seen this or even heard about it. Are they the same- or what? It would not be the first time RA screwed up specs but this has me chasing my tail. Here is the F-41 page: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=31245&cc=1246924&jsn=413 and here is the non-F-41 page: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=31205&cc=1246924&jsn=411&jsn=411 See the spline counts? And worse, Jeep lists the F-41 35 spline box as used on the Cherokee. So using the popular Jeep steering shaft would require you to change to an F-41 box if you had the standard box. IF the splines were different. So what gives?

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I swapped an f41 box into my car with no changes.
Ditto. Replaced a 605 box with a MCSS box and pitman, used original-to-the-car intermediate shaft

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Same here. IIRC the Pitman arm is box specific though.

Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
OK so the input shaft is the same. GREAT! I know about the Pitman arm, not a problem. I guess CARDONE got it wrong. Awesome, guys, thanks!!!

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
OK so the input shaft is the same. GREAT! I know about the Pitman arm, not a problem. I guess CARDONE got it wrong. Awesome, guys, thanks!!!
Sure you're not looking it up as a Cutlass Supreme cause as we know nothing fits a Cutlass Supreme.

• Informative
  • Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor