F$#@&ING THIEVES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
I am real sorry for your situation. I had a similar situation about 10 years ago. It really is a drag.

I looked at your video a couple of times and wanted to bring up a few things to think about:
  • Can strangers or drive-byes see into your back yard, from anywhere around your house. How would a stranger know the car was there or that the parts were inside a solid fence?
  • Whoever did this knew they wanted inside that fence. Know one walks around with a pair of bolt cutters in their pockets big enough to cut a hardened steel lock.
  • How were they going to take away what they stole. Someone dropped the rims outside the fence and they left a mark in the ground, so the ground is at least damp. A vehicle would have left tire tracks if moved close to the fence.
  • A thief who knew cars would not purposely step on the bezels as they would have some knowledge of the value of the bezels.
  • The wheels will fit on a lot of different cars but the front cap on the ground only fits a few vehicles. Why was that the first thing they took out and where was it located inside the fence before?
  • Why did they take the battery and not the car cover. Good covers aren't cheap and that is the lightest, easiest to take thing you have back there.
So I think you might want to think about this:
  • In the process of taking shortcuts through yards and across empty lots, kids see and know a lot more than grownups about their neighborhoods. (The people who stole from me were 18 years old)
  • Taking the battery and leaving the cover is a thoughtless, kid kind of thing to do.
  • A dad with tools and a hot rod would probably have bolt cutters, I know I do. Taking dad's cutters would be easy.
  • Does anybody in the neighborhood, young or old, have a car that the cap outside the fence would fit. (Project car, kid's high school ride, etc.)
  • Opening the fence and then bolting without taking anything, or very little, is the kind of thing nervous kids would do. (I would bet whoever did it, there were more than one.)
  • I couldn't walk around inside that fence in the dark without breaking my a** and making a bucket of noise in the process.. Does that mean that whoever did this has seen or been inside the fence and knows what to expect?

carl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2017
That sucks. Im sorry to hear about all this. I hope nothing besides the battery was taken, thats bad enough. I also believe at some point they will return. Be ready for them this next time. Motion sensors work well but dogs are best. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor