Factory A/C Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurderMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2021
i actually found the harness i think it was on EBAY for like 40.00. it was cheap over all. but it was the OEM harness. so not sure if they are the same for the monte as the malibu. id think more parts crossed from the monte toboth the malibu and the caminos. but i guess its more of a 1 off then i thought

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
i actually found the harness i think it was on EBAY for like 40.00. it was cheap over all. but it was the OEM harness. so not sure if they are the same for the monte as the malibu. id think more parts crossed from the monte toboth the malibu and the caminos. but i guess its more of a 1 off then i thought

The parts for Chevrolet g-bodies are interchangeable from what I’ve seen. The harness very well is the same for all makes between non AC cars. The differences I know of are the duct work, depends on the make/dash, some interchanges some doesn’t. And the heater control itself, but the connections/cables and box itself are the same. I pulled a setup out of an early Regal years ago and out of a Grand Prix last spring. Most are in the early Chevrolet’s.

I should try to grab more small parts next year at a yard I plan to go back to that has a plethora of non AC g-bodies.

Reactions: 1 user

MurderMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2021
sad i wish i could go back in time at this point U pull it used to have them all the time, living here they don't have anything now. soo I'm stuck trying to hunt hens teeth for parts lol . ill get it but just takes longer. i have seen the controls on line that should be easy enough to find again. wiring harness don't bug me to much i can make that if i need to. the duct work might be interesting but might be able to figure that out also. just need to take the dah apart and figure it out. this wont ever be a 100 point show car. even if it was whos going to tear the dash apart and see if i have the proper parts. so if i can get it to function properly that would be the big thing. but all the others i have owned all came with the A/C in them weather it worked or not it was there. this is the first for me to have with the deleted A/C

butch1024

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 25, 2018
MA
I will look at EBAY to see if it is the harness I am looking for. I have the harness for under the hood, but can't find the one
that goes under the dash.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I will look at EBAY to see if it is the harness I am looking for. I have the harness for under the hood, but can't find the one
that goes under the dash.

Well it wasn't quite a million below zero today so I pulled the truck out of the garage and dug through some boxes. I did find the heat only under dash harness.

20210215_195220.jpg

Shoot me a message if interested.

My apologies to the original poster if I've muddled up your thread.

Reactions: 1 user

MurderMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2021
dont worry you didnt bug me or the post at all. good that someone might could use the part.

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
I'm wanting to do the exact opposite of you, I have an A/C car and wanting to go to heater/defrost only .. or possibly a full delete. Too bad you aren't closer and we could simply trade parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor