Factory options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Was the black plastic sound deadening panel that goes under the dash and covers all the wires and mechanical bits an option or did it come on all G-Bodies? My Bonneville has one, but my El Camino didn't have one and the few other G-Bodies I have seen also didn't seem to have one.

I was also curious if the floorboard lighting that comes on with the dome light is a discrete option. My Bonneville doesn't seem to have that, but the El Camino did.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I thought that cover was a standard Gbody item, my 83' Monte still has it and so does my 86' Regal and most of my other Gbody's have had it but some didn't but I figured many people remove them to change fuses or add wiring and just don't bother to reinstall them.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I thought that cover was a standard Gbody item, my 83' Monte still has it and so does my 86' Regal and most of my other Gbody's have had it but some didn't but I figured many people remove them to change fuses or add wiring and just don't bother to reinstall them.
I know it makes changing fuses a huge pain in the arse.

• Agree

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I believe I've encountered them in gbodies of just about every sort. I also think many of them were removed.

I'd say there were almost as many cars that I parted where the pa els were missing, or had the doors cut off over the fuses, as still had them in place. Of the ones that had the passenger side present all either had the lamp, or, you could tell they were removed.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I believe I've encountered them in gbodies of just about every sort. I also think many of them were removed.

I'd say there were almost as many cars that I parted where the pa els were missing, or had the doors cut off over the fuses, as still had them in place. Of the ones that had the passenger side present all either had the lamp, or, you could tell they were removed.
The El Camino may be donating its floor lamps to the Bonneville, but I am not sure there is a gap to install them without notching out the covers.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I have had 5 different 78 Malibu Classics and none had them. I have worked on a friends El Caminos (he had probably a dozen) and none of those had them. If I had to say, it was probably higher end models that had it. The way you can tell is if one of the 3 bolts holding the gas pedal to the firewall is a stud as that is one of the spots that the driver side lower panel attaches to.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
My 85 Bonneville has both the plastic and floor lights.
Mine was a low option car. I got A/C, cruise, and a fold down center arm rest. That was pretty much it for options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor