Factory options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
weird, My 86 bonnie has the floor lamps and the dome, but has the 5.0 manual windows , locks and seat, has A/C ,cruise and tilt No rear defrost either and only the drivers remote mirror, passenger is arm out the window adjust..lol and i checked tonight and my steering is only 2 1/2 turns lock to lock steering, but no rear sway bar and no F41 .

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
My 84 El Camino Conquista model has them. None of my 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, or the other 84 Malibus and El Caminos had them, but all of them were all bought used.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
weird, My 86 bonnie has the floor lamps and the dome, but has the 5.0 manual windows , locks and seat, has A/C ,cruise and tilt No rear defrost either and only the drivers remote mirror, passenger is arm out the window adjust..lol and i checked tonight and my steering is only 2 1/2 turns lock to lock steering, but no rear sway bar and no F41 .
Mine is loaded with power locks, windows, cruise, AC, rear defrost, the aforementioned floor lights, and underdash panels.
Similarly, it has the 4 bolt steering box that's 2.5 turns lock to lock, no F41, and no rear sway bar. Strange how it got the good steering box and no other F41 goodies.

Reactions: 2 users

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
yea I just have the small fender braces and the lower frame to crossmember braces and the bracing in the trunk. No long engine braces though.

• Agree

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
yea I just have the small fender braces and the lower frame to crossmember braces and the bracing in the trunk. No long engine braces though.
The long engine braces were only on specific cars such as the 78-80 Monte Carlos. The lower frame braces were standard on the Monte Carlo and Cutlass models. Malibus and El Caminos AND Regals did not come with frame braces.
The Grand Prix models did not have the same braces. They used a bar that connected the frame rails behind bottom edge of the radiator support.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
The under dash panels were less common in the Monte but I have found them in a few, especially ones with the CL option. Not sure if that is just a coincidence or part of the package.

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
Seen a cadillac yesterday in the yard that had all kinds of weird braces in the engine compartment.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Mine is loaded with power locks, windows, cruise, AC, rear defrost, the aforementioned floor lights, and underdash panels.
Similarly, it has the 4 bolt steering box that's 2.5 turns lock to lock, no F41, and no rear sway bar. Strange how it got the good steering box and no other F41 goodies.
Mine is 3.25 turns lock to lock, with the center of crossmember to frame braces, but no rear sway bar.

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
My 1981 El Camino SS is a loaded car .But with all the options available from all the "G" bodies .You can customize to your own taste .And make it "look" stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor