Factory SS Tan Interior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zghorner

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2017
Choctaw, OK
I have decided to buy a white Monte SS and turbo LS it. Every one for sale within 200 miles of me has either blue or red interior and that just aint my thing really. While researching I saw that some of the 87-88 cars came with tan interior from the factory but I have never seen it in person. Is it pretty rare or do they pop up on the market pretty frequent?

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
It seems to be a regional thing, I've only seen a couple since I've started working on G bodies in the early 2000's in the midwest. Most seem to be on the east cost around the Carolinas.

zghorner

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2017
Choctaw, OK
My plan is to buy a car that is complete and clean from the get go. With the cost of upholstery and paint and body these days I think i'd be money ahead to wait for the car I want even if it costs extra $$$ instead of doing a total interior swap or paint color change, etc...

I would settle for gray interior which is what will probably end up happening but damn white+tan looks sharp on these cars.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Good luck on gray around here...

I've seen 2, both were silver cars, and rough.

While you could theoretically get a white car with gray or tan, it was the 80s, and red interior was all the rage. GM's stylists must have loved red, because they put it in EVERYTHING for years. White cars, black cars, silver cars all were much more common with red guts than any other choice.

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The only factory Monte SS I have seen with tan interior came only in painted black 87-88' SS and had the gold stripe kit.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
The only factory Monte SS I have seen with tan interior came only in painted black 87-88' SS and had the gold stripe kit.

Same here. The black car with the tan interior was better looking then I thought it would when I first saw it. My 86 Regal was a dark brown with tan interior that was a pain to keep clean. I went with the grey in my SS because as others mentioned many of the other SS cars on lots and showrooms back then had the red interior with only a few the grey. Where I lived in CT the maroon SS with red interior was popular.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Black with a saddle interior on my Monte is my ultimate goal. Going to have to settle for black on grey for while.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
When I bought my Monte it came with gray interior but I was never fond of that color and changed it to camel color.
IMG_1457.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor