Fairchild Cutlass/Regal window sweeps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Has anybody ever used the Fairchild brand window sweeps on their cutlass or regal? I believe gbodyparts sell this brand and i know rockauto does at a decent price, just want some feedback before i pull the trigger!!!! I plan on getting the kit listed in the pic due to them having the black bead instead of chrome since i am going to black out my trim. Any advice or comments is much appreciated, thanks in advance!!!!
20160905_142152.jpg
Screenshot_2016-09-05-23-38-02.png

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
they have been supplying the weatherstripping for Case for decades so they got to be good and their production plant is in the US

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
they have been supplying the weatherstripping for Case for decades so they got to be good and their production plant is in the US
Sweet, thanks for the info. I like trying to buy from true US companies. I just got all my other weatherstripping from Metro since they are in MN.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Scott,
Other than obtaining OEM sweeps, I believe Fairchild makes the window sweeps exclusively for all the companies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Scott,
Other than obtaining OEM sweeps, I believe Fairchild makes the window sweeps exclusively for all the companies.
Jack, i truly appreciate it along with Steve's insight as well! I knew Fairchild has been around for a long time, but you guys have helped to solidify my decision to get them.
Even better is i just received an email from rockauto with a discount code which will help a little bit, not much, but something is better than nothing!
Thanks again guys!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY

Scott,
Even better, after doing some quick math i believe i can pick up the set at rockauto for around $125 with shipping! Not to bad considering the oem outer sweeps are around $160+ last time i looked. Hope to order these soon and check off all the seals, stripping needed for my build woohoo!!!!

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Scott,
I believe the window sweeps that I purchased off of Ebay were also a Fairchild product.
If I'm not mistaken, Fairchild normally deals with vendors, not individuals. In other words, I don't think you can buy directly from them.

BTW, Rock Auto doesn't always send me their discount codes, so I go online and lookup Rock Auto promo codes, you can always get it that way. It's usually 5% off.
Something to keep in mind.

Is the kit for just the outers, or for inner and outer?

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Scott,
I believe the window sweeps that I purchased off of Ebay were also a Fairchild product.
If I'm not mistaken, Fairchild normally deals with vendors, not individuals. In other words, I don't think you can buy directly from them.

BTW, Rock Auto doesn't always send me their discount codes, so I go online and lookup Rock Auto promo codes, you can always get it that way. It's usually 5% off.
Something to keep in mind.

Is the kit for just the outers, or for inner and outer?
Yeah Jack, the discount code i usually get and the one i got today is 5% off. The kit i posted is for both inner and outer sweeps for $119 so that would get me around $7 off, add shipping then back to around $130ish. I double checked both the fairchild and rockauto part #'s listed and that's what it shows....hard to beat that price.
Agreed on fairchild selling to vendors only, fine by me since if one were to buy from most mfg's it usually cost more. All part of the wholesale/mark-up game....i used to source stuff in my previous mgmt career so luckily i know a bit about how all that hoopla works....everybody has to make their cut but hell that's how business works.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You are absolutely right about manufacturers marking up prices if they sell directly to the consumer. It's the little game that they play so you must buy from their distributors.
With their distributors buying in bulk, they obviously get the items at the reduced rate.

• Agree
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I bought the outer sweeps for cheap from Rockauto. They were decent quality. After adjusting the window guides, nearly 0 wind noise from a hurricane inside.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor