Fan blower motor speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a 1979 Chevy Monte Carlo and my fan blower motor stopped working on high is the problem the fan blower motor or something else it works on the other speeds but it did stop working on high speed

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
It’s one of the fusible links by the starter

1546546605282.jpeg

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Burnt connector near heater control valve. Look for a black multiwire connector with a large red wire. Wiggle and see if it works

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Try the connector on top of the engine. Mine is loose and if I wiggle it I lose high speed.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The original engine is not in the car I replaced it with a small block Chevy 400 engine with upgrades so it has no heater control valve
So, when did the high speed go out? After engine replacement? There are 2 red wires that need constant power (1 is blower high) at the starter (from the factory). Now, if you didn't hook it up, that'll be your problem right there.
As said, check the 4 pin connector for failure, see if you have 12v at the relay bolted to the heater box, or check the fusible link at the starter.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
The original engine is not in the car I replaced it with a small block Chevy 400 engine with upgrades so it has no heater control valve

Look in area where heater control valve was. Just start messing with wires in heater core area

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor