Fan Relay - Junkyard run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Doug.
I've heard something mentioned about using Volvo relays. Unfortunately, I can't inform you on what years and models to use. I think Steve might've been the one that mentioned it.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I think the Volvo relay is solid state and made by hella. Found on the letter series, s, c, xc cars. I know a lot of people on turbo LS world run them on stuff like trans brakes and places where pwm or really fast response is needed.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
The fan relay on my truck failed and I need a new heavy duty relay. Can anyone suggest which vehicles would make good donors? I’m looking for one that I can mount on the fender or firewall. Even though it’s hot this weekend I’ll probably make a trip to LKQ.
Crown Vics have a big relay with individual socket. They've got to be around 40 amps. Passenger side I believe, right there in plain sight.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Crown Vics have a big relay with individual socket. They've got to be around 40 amps. Passenger side I believe, right there in plain sight.
Are you referring to that the commonly used Ford remote starter relay? usually mounted on the inner fender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor