Fast and furious

Status
Not open for further replies.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Anyone else think that the fast series crippled the car world? One trip through the junkyard will show you that. Or having to explain what you mean when you talk about an intake because they think you mean air filter.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
What gets me about those movies is when they have the car redlined,then down shift and go faster...
Without blowing the engine up.
Guy

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
And seems like every new car guy learns everything from those movies and refuse to hear otherwise

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Although I was 3 when the first one came out, I remember watching it on tv all the time. THe first three, were the essence of the series. Fast cars, hot chicks, and street racing. Then 4 dicked it all up. Only really watched because of the '84 GN at the beginning. 5 I watched for The Rock, 6 was for that Daytona, and 7 for statham and to see paul walkers tribute at the end. And F8, jesus just let it end.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I am going to guess you are too young to remember corvette summer LOL Point being there will always be cheesy car movies and people to watch them.

My son is now 15 and loves the F&F Franchise. He laughs at the first one now where the laptop is complaining about manifold pressure and then the passenger floor falls out as a result of it for some reason.
However you have to admit there are some really nice cars on there from time to time. Fbomb for one is the real deal. Yeah they cut up some regals and put them on the chassis backwards to make them look like GN's flying down the road in reverse and loaded 2000 lbs in the trunk of another car so it would wheelie at will for the camera. Come to think of it didn't they jump a tank whilst simultaneously someone jumps off the hood to grab someone midair and land in another car unscathed ?? Cartoonish for sure LOL And the 400 mile takeoff of the jumbo jet was another laugh. I bring my son and his friend to the movies to watch each of the last 3. They have fun and I get a laugh watching them have fun so its OK by me.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
They're fun goofy action packed movies, but it's gotten so different from 3-4. If it was still about street racing, who know's what the story would be.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I'm not fond of any of them period. Only one I can tolerate is Tokyo drift and its iffy

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
My main issue is the goofballs that base their knowledge off just the movies. Lotta decent cars get ruined as a result of the series.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
There is a big following on the franchise. If anything after watching one, there has to be kids going and buying NOS kits, fart cans, and triple stacked wings for their Imports. I remember driving one of my 55s to the theatre to watch the first one. I liked the first one OK. What was funny was all the imports revving their engines and scratching tires when the movie was over. Lol. Sadly, I don't live my life a quarter mile at a time. LOL. I do live my life buying project cars all the time though. For those 10 project cars or less, I'm broke. HeHe

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Import guys be like "I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 19 seconds or more, I'm free."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor