Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Smells like reality TV to me, boss.
I'll give it a chance but even so, to me built vs bought is as irrelevant as domestic vs import.
Call me jaded but racing is just power moving mass, regardless of the looks and the story. The real comparison is under the hood and everything after the flywheel.
The popularity of sleeper cars have negated their own existence. You just can't make bets based on looks anymore.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I know a doctor in Idaho that has salvage title 2004 Lambo Gallardo that looks/sounds stock but runs 191 in the standing 1/2 mile. 1,900 HP, AWD.

He would perfect for this show as the "rich villain". He's kind of dumpy, he squints a lot and looks/acts like he doesn't know what he is doing (he's probably a good surgeon, however) and is loaded.

No backyard built "sleeper" is going to beat him in a 1/4 mile.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
that Milkmoney Hand Controlled Rat Rod put a smile on my face and I dont even like Rat Rods !

Reactions: 1 user

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I know a doctor in Idaho that has salvage title 2004 Lambo Gallardo that looks/sounds stock but runs 191 in the standing 1/2 mile. 1,900 HP, AWD.

He would perfect for this show as the "rich villain". He's kind of dumpy, he squints a lot and looks/acts like he doesn't know what he is doing (he's probably a good surgeon, however) and is loaded.

No backyard built "sleeper" is going to beat him in a 1/4 mile.

Dear Lord.
I wonder what the show would do with him??
Built vs Bought is one thing, but Bought & Built is nigh unfair! ha I mean to compete, even if one can afford "Built not Bought" to that extent I'm pretty sure it's gonna have to negate the whole "rich folks vs poor/average folks" angle.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Dear Lord.
I wonder what the show would do with him??
Built vs Bought is one thing, but Bought & Built is nigh unfair! ha I mean to compete, even if one can afford "Built not Bought" to that extent I'm pretty sure it's gonna have to negate the whole "rich folks vs poor/average folks" angle.

He"s in the "Big Red" '69 camaro show during the mojave mile episode and the shows producers tried to make it like "he has to win at all costs and must beat big red!!!!!" He just shrugs his shoulders and says, "sure".

I told him I want his autograph. The passion.

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
"Lessee ... I need an idea for a show ... idea for a show ... what did people seem to really like to watch but isn't on anymore? Pinks? What's that? A show about drag racing? Why's it called Pinks? .... Oh, pink slips? Never heard of those, didn't know that ... Isn't there another show like that on TV? Something like "gunslingers"? You know what I'm talking about? .... Street Outlaws? What's that about? ... "

I thought Pass Time was a great idea, enjoyed watching that

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Great. Another car show I can't watch due to manufactured drama.

Pick any car guy that makes less than $50K a year and I guarantee he will have more drama than TV can handle.

1.I bought a "new" carb from O Reilly's for my car this weekend, the last one leaked gas like the Exxon Valdez.
Cue: My car won't start Monday and I'm late to work.

2.I bought a Summit Racing dual exhaust kit and mufflers and will install it Friday night with plenty of time before my shift on Sunday. I have my old mufflers only 2 years old and $300 in exhaust clamps.

3.I need to go get groceries in the winter and it's 25 degrees out. Oh sh*t, my starter quit and I'm changing it in a Target parking lot with a bumper jack.

Continue ad naseum......

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I have Malibu under a tarp that I have owned for 19 years, and may run before I am dead. Three kids, two working parents, and a house that needs work. Oh, boy, that'll sell commercials.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
There's drama in the trailer, within a two weeks it will be as idiotic as pinks - self induced drama over nothing for effect.

FYI - this is going on already in varying grades of money per class - X275, Ultra Street, and Grudge / No Prep classes.

At the end of the day with this show, they'll have a 'shootout' of some nature of the fastest in the country, continent, viewing area, etc and some guy will show up with $55K worth of long block pushing 60psi toting it's a street car as he's unloading it off the enclosed trailer. Oh, wait a minute, that's Street Outlaws.

As long as there's an audience, 'if you build it, they will come' :)

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor