Fastest “Street Car” in America is a Gbody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Pro-mod that started life as 84 Hurst/442
Not much is left from that but pretty impressive nonetheless.

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I didn't watch the video, because I have seen the car before, but the car has all of it's lights, and a stereo system. He drove it up & down the Vegas strip, and even gave a kid a ride in it (y)

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Had no idea he was from Dubuque IA, I've spent quite a bit of time there.

The video seems a BIT fishy though. Maybe I am reading between the lines? The format just seems more like a commercial by the owner where he wanted a feature by 1320, paid/requested him to video it and bam, video.

My drag weekend event I attend goes through Dubuque, maybe my buddy/promoter can get him to attend (unlikely)....

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Am I allowed to not like it?

kid fury gay GIF

It looks like trash.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Calling that a street car is, hmmm, like melloelky said.

Put that beetch through a drive and drag event. If that can drive 300 miles let alone 1400 is a no brainer. Tom Bailey is running high 5’s and can drive it. Not comfortably, but can drive it.

I agree Jake, looks like a publicity stunt with 1320. More power to Rod, but I won’t say that is a street car.

A street car can head out at a moment’s notice for a 100-500 mile drive. That sh*t ain’t no street car.

Irks me to see some *ss hat call his car a street car. Because it has the factory tail lights?

SMH.

Edit - it is neat, clever, fast AF. I like what Rod has done with it. But looking at the broken block is a $25-50k dilemma - very typical street car eh?

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Calling that a street car is, hmmm, like melloelky said.

Put that beetch through a drive and drag event. If that can drive 300 miles let alone 1400 is a no brainer. Tom Bailey is running high 5’s and can drive it. Not comfortably, but can drive it.

I agree Jake, looks like a publicity stunt with 1320. More power to Rod, but I won’t say that is a street car.

A street car can head out at a moment’s notice for a 100-500 mile drive. That sh*t ain’t no street car.

Irks me to see some *ss hat call his car a street car. Because it has the factory tail lights?

SMH.

Edit - it is neat, clever, fast AF. I like what Rod has done with it. But looking at the broken block is a $25-50k dilemma - very typical street car eh?

I hear you but. . . have you seen Cleetus driving his Corvettes with open exhaust to and from events? Hell he pulls a trailer with the stick car.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor