Father Son Use What You've Got Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Building a 81' CS with my 19 year old this spring.Car is pretty clean other than the frame.Just surface rust and a few scabby spots on the underbody.Picked up a 68'-70' 350 off CL pretty cheap.Needs a few odds and ends.Was rebuilt and guy I bought it from really knows nothing about it or cars in general.New parts include RPM intake,chrome fuel pump,flat top pistons,all new bearings,timing chain.Heads are 400-425 C's with Comp Cams roller lifter kit.Have alot of Olds parts lying around from years of being an Olds guy and G body guy.Plan is to use everything we can thats lying around other than things I know that need replaced.Posting some pics for you guys as I know on this site everyone loves pics. 20150707_080315.jpg 20150707_080315.jpg 20150724_204703.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Looks like a great starting point! Have fun with the build...I did one with my son on a Malibu about 10 years ago...some great time together.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Looks like a good project. Working on it with your son will be good for both of you. I'll be watching this thread.

I see front upper control arms and rear uppers and lowers. Are you guys gonna make this a corner carver?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Looks like a good project. Working on it with your son will be good for both of you. I'll be watching this thread.

I see front upper control arms and rear uppers and lowers. Are you guys gonna make this a corner carver?
Just updating it.No specific plan yet.Car was driven into a flooded farm field and sat a couple days.Owner had it towed home and started it with water in the engine.We all know what happened then.It sat in a barn for years after that before I traded for it.Frame is solid but crusty.Everything else is rusted badly underneath,hard to believe the body is in good shape.All suspension,brakes will be replaced and frame will be redone

Reactions: 3 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Just updating it.No specific plan yet.Car was driven into a flooded farm field and sat a couple days.Owner had it towed home and started it with water in the engine.We all know what happened then.It sat in a barn for years after that before I traded for it.Frame is solid but crusty.Everything else is rusted badly underneath,hard to believe the body is in good shape.All suspension,brakes will be replaced and frame will be redone

Sounds like a good project for your son to learn a lot from. Experience is the best teacher and if he's into cars then it's probably a dream come true for him to have a project car to work on with his dad.

Is this gonna be his car when you're finished or yours or both?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor