Favorite 350 Heads for 1996 LT1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yav8

Master Mechanic
Aug 19, 2014
Manitowoc wis.
If the truck is a 1996 then the motor will be a 880 block WITH vortic heads. Unless some one changed the motor or heads. These will be 062 or 906 casting in the heads. On the ends will be a saw tooth for the 062s and the 906s will have a half moon circle. If the heads have a half square then you have a set of 305 heads I think the casting is 060. These are of no use for making power of any kind. Also vortec will have 4 bolts only on each side of the intake going straight down. Not sure what heads you have.

Reactions: 1 users

arlowf

Apprentice
Feb 11, 2022
If the truck is a 1996 then the motor will be a 880 block WITH vortic heads. Unless some one changed the motor or heads. These will be 062 or 906 casting in the heads. On the ends will be a saw tooth for the 062s and the 906s will have a half moon circle. If the heads have a half square then you have a set of 305 heads I think the casting is 060. These are of no use for making power of any kind. Also vortec will have 4 bolts only on each side of the intake going straight down. Not sure what heads you have.
No it's from a 1996 Chevy 2500 5.7 and the heads definitely aren't Vortec, which is why we are adding them. If someone just said "here, these are the Vortec heads you want for a Gen1 engine" I'd buy them.

StreetBu already messaged me the perfect springs and retainers to get for the heads.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
No it's from a 1996 Chevy 2500 5.7 and the heads definitely aren't Vortec, which is why we are adding them. If someone just said "here, these are the Vortec heads you want for a Gen1 engine" I'd buy them.

StreetBu already messaged me the perfect springs and retainers to get for the heads.

Then you either don't have a 96 or someone put the older, crappier heads on. Does the block have the bypass port in it?

Reactions: 1 user

arlowf

Apprentice
Feb 11, 2022
Then you either don't have a 96 or someone put the older, crappier heads on. Does the block have the bypass port in it?
You're 100% correct.
Mechanic confirmed it's a 1995.
Which did not come with Vortec heads. One year made all the difference.

Sum-K00042 is the CAM we are putting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor