Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Still remember seeing the Ravyns at Gerard's before it burned. Still have my original Vinyl of their first LP. Like the song says, I was "Raised on the Radio" Now, I'm gonna go fire up my turn table...

When it came to Crack the Sky, the first album and Safety in Numbers were always my favorites. I didn't think the change in lead vocalists hurt the sound at all.

Remember spending quite some time hanging with real punks at the Marble Bar in them days, too.
Ima guess you got a few,10, 15 years on me....

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Meanwhile, across the pond.........

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Here's a group that's probably more familiar in the northeast. Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. From what I can gather, they're still active today. Here they are doing a gig with Bruce Springsteen and Steve Van Zant

Huge Fan! Yes, Johnny had a much better voice than Bruce. But Bruce wrote most all of Johnny's best songs. I love the horn section too.

There's a local cover band here in Cleveland called The Stone Pony Band. They alternate between covering Bruce and Johnny for a night of both... complete with the horn section.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, at the time I felt Johnny was WAY better than Bruce.
Mark,
I couldn't agree with you more. I never really cared for Bruce's voice. Johnny is a much better singer.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Huge Fan! Yes, Johnny had a much better voice than Bruce. But Bruce wrote most all of Johnny's best songs. I love the horn section too.

There's a local cover band here in Cleveland called The Stone Pony Band. They alternate between covering Bruce and Johnny for a night of both... complete with the horn section.
Mark,
I will have to check out The Stone Pony Band. I dig a good horn section.
I really liked Clarence Clemons, Bruce's old sax player. I think he was a major player in his group.
I always liked Southside Johnny and the Jukes. They always had a good sound.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor