Favorite Music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Hey Guys (and gals?)! Just wondering what y'alls favorite music is. I've been through several phases in my life. But I think what's stuck with me (especially since subscribing to SiriusXM) is '80s rock and New Wave. Aside from listening to CNBC during the day for business news, my car radio is pretty much permanently tuned to '80s on 8 or 1st Wave. There's a local station that plays a good mix of '70s and '80s. It used to be the "oldies" station, and played '50s and '60s music. I guess you're officially "old" when the oldies station plays music from your childhood and teen years. :rofl:

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
XM 37 Octane
XM 36 Alt Nation
XM 34 Lithium
XM 80's on 8
XM 90's on 9

Those are my main presets.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Don't really care to listen to the radio at all these days, but listen predominantly to rap, and mostly from my region (the South).

TheWagoon

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2017
British Columbia, Canada
Classic Rock, Vapor Wave, Indie Alternate Rock, Electronic, Rap, R&B. I like pretty much everything except people who scream into the mic to the point I cannot hear what they are saying. Different everyday.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
I grew up during the late fifties .sixties and graduated in 1975 So I classic rock the most though I can listen to other music as well.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
My favorite music is when I was a teen to early 20’s from around 76-85. Rock, New Wave, Heavy Metal. Scary part is some records I bought are going on 40 years old! Feels like I just bought them! lol Time does fly.

Luckily we have a few good classic rock radio stations in Tucson AZ that have a variety of 80’s up to today music. Nowadays I listen more to the sports and news stations when driving. Depends on my mood.

As the OP made a comment about getting old I can relate. I still have a couple of music lists our local CT department stores (in the 70’s it was Caldors and Bradlees) had and I knew almost all the top 100 hits. Now if I could name at least 5 new songs for a million dollars I would not win it! lol Happens to all of us I guess?

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
As stated you go through stages. I got hooked on music in 64 and still love the 60s and 70s rock/pop music. When the 80s came most of the new stuff was just noise. IMO Thank God Magic 97 started with a 60s and 70s format. I listened to the oldies till I got tired of hearing the same songs over and over. In the late 80s I got into all the great new country performers. Now the last 5 years or so countries been RUINED by all these new acts IMO. So it's back to WDVE ROCKS in the garage Satalite when in the car. They have GREAT old rock and country stations that suit my taste.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
50's-60's-oldies-Motown-country oldies- love my Sirius XM.you know how hard it is to find a woman under 40 that will tolerate this music??needle in a hay stack..

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Little of everything, but like the story tellers. Big fan of Harry Chapin. Listen to a lot of different stuff on Sirius. Recently discovered David Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor