Favorite TH350 Shift Kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I'm in the process of rebuilding my TH350. 79 model, non-lock up. I'm ordering the master rebuild kit hopefully tonight. I still haven't decided on a shift kit. Does anybody have any recommendations? I would really like to know if you have personally used the kit you are recommending.

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
I'm in the process of rebuilding my TH350. 79 model, non-lock up. I'm ordering the master rebuild kit hopefully tonight. I still haven't decided on a shift kit. Does anybody have any recommendations? I would really like to know if you have personally used the kit you are recommending.
I have used B&M for 30 years, depending on what you want your transmission to do depends on Stage1,2,3. Of course l prefer manual shift an have used in both Th350 an 400. When it came to my 4l60E an 4L80E l used B&M rebuilds and Trans Go shift kits because l wanted manual shift in them too, when l rebuilt them B&M didn't offer shift kits for them but l believe they do now.
B&M has been around forever an if you want tire spin between shifts at WOT can't beat them whether you use the modulator valve or not, an when you drop down a gear THEY drop with a little bunny hop. Work just like a standard if you wish it.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Fairbanks for a th350 , But no longer available. My 700R4 has a TransGo Performance 2-3 shift kit. Leaving a few feet of rubber on the one two shift.

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've also used the B&M shift kit for close to 30 yrs. I've been pleased with the nice firm shifts...not neck snapping.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 1 user

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I have used B&M for 30 years, depending on what you want your transmission to do depends on Stage1,2,3. Of course l prefer manual shift an have used in both Th350 an 400. When it came to my 4l60E an 4L80E l used B&M rebuilds and Trans Go shift kits because l wanted manual shift in them too, when l rebuilt them B&M didn't offer shift kits for them but l believe they do now.
B&M has been around forever an if you want tire spin between shifts at WOT can't beat them whether you use the modulator valve or not, an when you drop down a gear THEY drop with a little bunny hop. Work just like a standard if you wish it.

I'm pretty sure that the black '83 Monte that's currently in my Avatar had a B&M kit in the TH350 it was running when I started messing with it. I can say that it worked really well. Firm, crisp shifts. It would bark second anytime you wanted. I actually got it to bark drive one night, surprisingly with 4 or 5 people in the car at the time. It was the only time I can remember it barking tires going into drive and it really surprised us.

As for the Trans Go kit, I'm pretty sure that's what was in the TH350 I put in my current Monte before I rebuilt it. My exhaust rusted off and I'm too lazy and cheap to put an exhaust on the V6. I'll wait till I get the V8 and headers in. Anyways, the point is, I couldn't hear it but I passed a guy in the Monte with the 4.3 one day and he told me later that it chirped second.

I think the main reason I chose the Trans Go is because the rebuild book I used recommend it.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor