FedUp strikes again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Those who know me know I hate FedUp like poison. They lose more packages than they deliver to me. I never use them but when you get something with free shipping it is usually FedUp. I ordered a big bore kit for my Yamahopper scooter from Canada and they used FedUp. I got a phone call from them to be aware I had to be home to sign for it. All day I wait and no delivery. Yup, you guessed it, they lost it. The tracking said it was "delivered to an address other than the addressee". Huh? Say what? And someone besides me signed for it. Call FedUp and I am promised a return call within 2 hours. No call. I get a hold of the shipper and they start the claims process. More return calls promised. No call. A week passes. Finally the shipper says FedUp is sticking by the driver who swears he delivered it to the right address. They ask me if I want a new shipment or a refund. While I am working on my car and trying to decide what I want to do, a car pulls up at my house and a guy rings my bell. In his hands in my package, and he says it had been delivered to him, 10 houses down on the next block. He apologized for taking so long to bring it but he was real busy at work. I thank him profusely. Then I let the shipper know that I had the package, and yes, the driver screwed up- again! They are happy, I am not. Someone I know who worked for FedUp says that they actually budget for lost stuff and don't really care about you or your stuff. Nice. That is no way to run a business, but they get away with it. OK, rant over.

Reactions: 1 user

86pontiac2+2

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2016
'Tis the season.
Probably a new hire with 0 experience who gets paid a nominal wage.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Wow! That just proves what I've been saying for a while now: People are f***ing stupid! Delivered to an address other than the addressee but the driver says he delivered it to the right address. WTF does that even mean? That's a contradiction if there ever was one. Addresses aren't rocket science. It's not that hard to figure out if you're in the right place. Nobody tries anymore. I honestly don't know how things run as well as they do.

It's really good of the guy who received your package to bring it to you but you have to wonder why he signed for a package with the wrong name and address on it.. .

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm glad you got it and it's nice you have a neighbor who didn't just ignore the address on the package and sent it back.....or looked inside and decided to keep it.....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I have a photo file of the various boxes that UPS has delivered in less than pristine condition. I once received an empty box with a hole in the bottom. Northern Tool didn't pack that one very well...hopefully the 20 lb steel ball hitch shank did not end up on someone's toes...but UPS delivered an EMPTY BOX! WTH? I got another one that was flattened in the middle and actually had a tire mark across it. That photo made the claim go pretty smoothly, though...

Bummer that your precious wrench time came and went due to no parts.

Nov 4, 2012
Well glad to hear you have better neighbors than I do. I too avoid FedEx at all costs, their tracking sucks, they lose packages, and they take longer to deliver than UPS or USPS. It's really bad when a government-run business is working more efficiently than you!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I have a photo file of the various boxes that UPS has delivered in less than pristine condition. I once received an empty box with a hole in the bottom. Northern Tool didn't pack that one very well...hopefully the 20 lb steel ball hitch shank did not end up on someone's toes...but UPS delivered an EMPTY BOX! WTH? I got another one that was flattened in the middle and actually had a tire mark across it. That photo made the claim go pretty smoothly, though...

Bummer that your precious wrench time came and went due to no parts.
My favorite is a box with a computer mother board in it and tire tracks (duals) across the box. True story. UPS.

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
FedEx did the same crap to me, delivered it to house next to me then tells me they delivered it to my house. The best is I have been here over 10 years and there are only 5 houses on my block.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I guess it is different depending on where you live, I have yet to have an issue with FedEx, plus I like that they will deliver on Saturday compared to UPS where I will be tracking a package only to see it arrive on a Friday night at a location 3 miles from me and I know it will sit there until Monday morning.
I have had 2 packages delivered to the wrong house with UPS but both were returned to me from the one that received them, I am guessing it was a sub filling in since both happened in the same week and went to the same house and I have had only one damaged item ever over the years which was reshipped by the supplier.
So all in all considering all the things I have shipped here both FedEx and UPS have done a good job.
I do feel no shipping company should have anything in there tracking that would say "delivered to an address other than the addressee"

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I've only had an issue with FedEx once, and it was very minor. I ordered a crossmember from Jegs, and it showed up half in the box with some paint scuffed off of it. I thought about sending it back, but I figured I'd end up with the same result of a damaged box. I guess its half jegs fault for packaging it badly, and half FedEx for beating the box up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor