Feeling discouraged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Had this car over a year...gave it a good tune up plus some....new plugs/wires/vac lines/belts/radiator hoses/ radiator fan/ high torque starter/ replaced all wires to and from starter/ rebuilt the distributor/ Driver floor pan/ sanded, primed, painted the other pans since they looked good...New carpet/1 axle/valve cover gaskets/trans seal/ had floor shifter bracket welded/replaced Pittman arm and all tie rods /center link. I'm sure I'm missing stuff....even scraped and sanded underneath and tried to undercoat it while on a creeper...and most of this was from everyone's help on the forum since this is my first real classic and it's all been a learning experience....but.......i put the car on the ramps to check out underneath it and now I feel like I got kicked in the dick.......not sure how serious it really is but to me......it looks bad

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm kinda missing it. Is there oil blow by covering the floor? Your car looks 10x's better under it than what I have to work with on the body.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That undercar video doesn't look horrible at all. Unless I'm missing some stuff, a lot of it looks like surface crud. Easy fixes it seems. Other than being oily/dirty it looks pretty clean metal wise.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I watched that whole video and have no idea what you're talking about....

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
I'm kinda missing it. Is there oil blow by covering the floor? Your car looks 10x's better under it than what I have to work with on the body.
I had a valve cover leak everywhere a while ago. But the undercoating has a wet look to it too. Didn't look this bad a couple months ago. But To me that rust is bad....its creeping/spreading to hard to reach spots. Looks like I need another new pan behind the Driver seat soon....

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
I had a valve cover leak everywhere a while ago. But the undercoating has a wet look to it too. Didn't look this bad a couple months ago. But To me that rust is bad....its creeping/spreading to hard to reach spots. Looks like I need another new pan behind the Driver seat soon....
Guess I'm over reacting then... I see rust and think $$$$$.....

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Guess I'm over reacting then... I see rust and think $$$$$.....
What do you guys do to fix that Rust? I would normally sand, prime, paint....but evidently it didn't work that well.....and body shops around here are junk.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm looking at having to put a new trunk floor, left & right trunk floor side mounts, atleast the divers side front floor, possible rear floor brace, repairs to both firewall body mounts. Yours looks lik it'll need some treatment to stop the rust &some clean up.

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor