FENDER OPENING MOLDINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Pretty hard for me to believe no one knows where this part can be had from.:rolleyes:
Junkyard or parted out car.

You're looking for a 3 year only part off a car that never had a high performance model that supported a collectability-base before the '81 redesign.

You've got an orphan, it'll take hunting and legwork. If nothing but new will do your best bet is searching by part number online for someone who doesn't know what the piece thy have fits.

Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Check with Keith Burnwell on facebook. He seems to have access to many 3rd gen Monte Carlo parts.
Mr Keith D Burwell.jpg

Ebay has someone asking stupid money for a dented up left rear wide molding set. I believe your car has the thin molding correct?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Check with Keith Burnwell on facebook. He seems to have access to many 3rd gen Monte Carlo parts.
View attachment 202649

Ebay has someone asking stupid money for a dented up left rear wide molding set. I believe your car has the thin molding correct?
IMO that guy is a joke. He buys from pull-a-part and posts as if he has his own yards.

One time I was in there pulling parts and he and another Facebook seller show up at the car I was working on. Didn't realize by the first name he was who he was UNTIL the distinctive and relatively rare console from the car, which was DAMAGED and shattered in a spot into 5 pieces showed up by him locally, 'repaired' buy with no disclosures of.repair. instead it was billed as if it were an original and perfect condition. Same thing with a dash out of same car that sported a couple cracks.

So.

EXTREME buyer beware on that one. Also believe there some threads out there about his practices with olds taillights.

Personally, I'd rather take a vaccination out of a giant rusty needle administered by our old friend Lil Tynan (who knows if he'd even know where to put it) than spend a nickel with ol keith burwell

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
View attachment 202649

Ebay has someone asking stupid money for a dented up left rear wide molding set. I believe your car has the thin molding co

View attachment 202649

Thanks USA 79 1. and it is the thin molding.

Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
IMO that guy is a joke. He buys from pull-a-part and posts as if he has his own yards.

One time I was in there pulling parts and he and another Facebook seller show up at the car I was working on. Didn't realize by the first name he was who he was UNTIL the distinctive and relatively rare console from the car, which was DAMAGED and shattered in a spot into 5 pieces showed up by him locally, 'repaired' buy with no disclosures of.repair. instead it was billed as if it were an original and perfect condition. Same thing with a dash out of same car that sported a couple cracks.

So.

EXTREME buyer beware on that one. Also believe there some threads out there about his practices with olds taillights.

Personally, I'd rather take a vaccination out of a giant rusty needle administered by our old friend Lil Tynan (who knows if he'd even know where to put it) than spend a nickel with ol keith burwell

Personally I've never bought from him but, I do see some of the hard to get 3rd gen Monte Carlo parts he has come up with. As always it's buyer beware.
Owning a 79 Monte Carlo myself as well as parting out another 79 I know how rare some of the parts can be. I'd offer up the molding from my parts car if it was not for the fact that it has deteriorated beyond what I consider a usable part from road salt exposure.
Sometimes these wheel house moldings show up on EBay but recently folks want NOS prices for junk. Again...Buyer beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor