Fiberglass Regal Bumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
I doubt many people have been following my build thread, but if you have, you know I'm getting close to paint. I need a set of bumpers for my car as both of mine were rusted out pretty bad, so I'm looking at fiberglass bumpers. Has anyone used Danko Reproductions bumpers? How does the quality compare to that of GBodyParts and Kirban Performance's bumpers? How much prep work involved? Do they stand up well? Any input is appreciated.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
GBodyParts might just be carrying Danko bumpers. That was the case when I bought my fillers. You should ask them.
Also, keep in mind that they're not really built for street use, so don't expect them to hold up as well.

Nov 4, 2012
307 Regal said:
GBodyParts might just be carrying Danko bumpers. That was the case when I bought my fillers. You should ask them.
Also, keep in mind that they're not really built for street use, so don't expect them to hold up as well.

GboodyParts look slightly different than Danko, they have moulded impact strips and marker lights, and they cost about 30 dollars more. I figure they won't hold up too well but I can't find good steel bumpers anywhere. I'll just have to be extra careful around them.

Nov 4, 2012
Found a set of steel bumpers locally cheaper. I'd rather have steel ones anyways for obvious durability reasons and I like the look of the chromed steel ones better too. Thanks 307

Joe

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
It's probably for the better. You'd hate to accidentally crack one of those fiberglass bumpers on a snow bank in the winter. (I don't remember if you wanted to drive it all year or not. Either way...)

Nov 4, 2012
307 Regal said:
It's probably for the better. You'd hate to accidentally crack one of those fiberglass bumpers on a snow bank in the winter. (I don't remember if you wanted to drive it all year or not. Either way...)

Yeah, I'm not gonna drive this car in the winter, it'll be a dry weather/summer car only. I could still see myself nudging something and cracking one or even some ******** at a car cruise leaning on one too hard and busting it. I also dislike the idea of having nothing but fiberglass and plastic in both the front and back of the car once It comes off the fenders, quarters. Those Danko bumper fillers don't seem very sturdy and I have to flex them a good bit to actually get them on the car. The thought of them cracking terrorizes me so I'd like to have as much protection for them as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor