Fighting the urge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
I think long term that might be the best plan of attack, but for now I’m leaning towards some simple bolt on’s and many tuning the carb for some refreshed power. I just don’t think I can bring myself to tear apart such a complete and original car, specifically since it runs fine as is.

Sounds to me like you want to drive it as is. You can leave it in and save for an upgrade down the road. Don't underestimate the while I'm doing this I might as well do that mentality. You may end up with it being down for awhile.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Just me. Ditch the CCC system and the 305. You can "fog" it if you ever intend to put it in again. 383, then rebuild the trans then buy a rear. Upgrade the brakes while you are at it. Put the 305 valve covers back on it and the orig air cleaner and nobody will know different

CCC will work perfectly fine on a 383 or larger engine, its good to 500 hp.

Some more freebie mods for the E4ME Qjet are detailed in this article. https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/ccrp-0908-qjet-carburetor-rebuild/

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Here’s my dilemma - one owner 1985 SS, 100% completely original. Has been in the family since the day it rolled off the showroom floor. The 305 is in theory a V8 yes, but not well suited to move a heavy car like that, not like a 350 would… hence my dilemma: should I do what I can to punch up the 305 to keep it a numbers matching car, or should I get a 350 and just do the swap and live with my guilty (but much faster) conscience?
I'm all for modifying original cars.....but given the fact that it is 100% factory and that it has been in your family since new.....I would maintain it as it is.

Would it be an option to buy a 2nd g-body as a roller and modify it to meet your needs?

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor