Final Finished product Ready for viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
Alright my friends, I could have added this to the end of my painting thread however it was getting
a little long in the tooth. So here are the final pics of the car since we finished up on the paint this weekend.

So far on this journey we logged 154 hours in labor and retained our materials budget of $500 we actually came in at $489 not including the labor.

I wish the pictures showed the amazing finish this cars has in the full sunlight. Jewel like in every way.
The pics show more of a silver car. But it is far from that. I'm glad it's over. we drove her at least 40 miles
today just showing it off. Lots of heads turned too.
004.JPG

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    987.2 KB · Views: 318
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 272
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    901.4 KB · Views: 306
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire
I want to see this in person. Pics never show the true beauty of a good paint job. Plain Jane's Diner in Plymouth/Rumney NH this summer for cruise night. You know you want to take a road trip and see the North East. Forget the Florida heat for a week or so. Just let me know when so I can get the day off from work.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Beautiful car. Good work. Congratulations!

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
Thank you guys. Lots of work went into this and every single bit was done by hand at our house driveway.
It is so much better than before. Now during the day time the paint job is the star. At night all the blue interior
and engine bay lighting takes center stage. The real wood in the interior is all custom made by hand.
A true custom monte carlo. But still has all the manners of the stock car with a bit more muscle.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It came out nice, I figured you must have been close to finishing it.
Now you just need a blower or tunnel ram sticking out of the hood.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
I've got a hilborn reverse mounted scoop on top of the 4 bbl w/ 1 " spacer that clears the hood
by about 2" or more. So it is more like a cowl induction.

Got to get the gears in the rear done next. I hope to save the funds up by Next winter.
I think I'm going with 3.08 Possible 3.23 but the carrier cost must be added in.
Ultimate package would include a limited slip diff. And a nice chrome or finned cover.

I would love to find a Camaro rear with similar 3.23 gears and the disks brakes.....
Then I can get that rear all fixed up ready to install while the car can still be driven.

Ah another dream to make happen. when does it ever end ? Probably never.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor