Finally got the 48 Fleetline home today

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I love the roof line for obvious reasons. The stock height of the roof looks chopped already. My wife wants it low with wide whites and chrome reverse steel wheels. This will be her personal car. It will be 350/350, tilt with column shift. I think I will put an S10 chassis under it. It's subframed but scary looking. She wants it flat black but that aint happenin'. I'm a shiny paint guy. I got the car with a rebuilt 350 and fresh TH350 trans for $500. Not bragging just obviously not going to turn it away at that price. I'm that guy that likes $500 junk

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
For $500 that is a great deal on a pretty complete body. A friend of mine is picking up a late 1950’s truck today in California for $500 and it needs alot of work but the body is rust free and drivetrain shot. But she loves those $500 cars too and has had good luck over the years fixing them up with her sons. The kids do all the work and she does all the driving! :)

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I really, really like this one! Completely on board with your build recipe too. Simple and reliable on a budget (maybe). First one I remember seeing that made a real impact on me was at Hot August Nights probably 20 years ago. It was done in traditional lowrider style and perfectly executed. Loved them ever since.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I always liked that body style. I think we all agree, it would've been hard to turn away at $500.
That will be a cool project indeed.
I know a guy that shows up at the local cruise-in that has the Oldsmobile version of that body style. It's done old school...matte black with flames, etc...cool car.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Looked like there was a license plate in the trunk. When was it last registered?

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
cool car, you'll have to start a thread in the non-g section when you start on it!

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
A vintage aero back, you really got a theme going on. And a bonus you got a original wheel for you SS build, just need 3 more.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
A vintage aero back, you really got a theme going on. And a bonus you got a original wheel for you SS build, just need 3 more.
I have seven N90s. The one on the 48 has a bad curb rash

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor