Finally got the motor & transmission in

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Got some time this afternoon to get the transmission bolted to the crossmember to see what the next fun part is going to be. Saw the mounts center thread hole is not lining, so I jacked the transmission up to see what adjustments I can do. As the transmission went up, the crossmember was unflexing from the weight! I ordered it from Jegs back in 2013 & just mounted it in the frame. Come 4 1/2 years later I find out I should got a G force/Summit one. If it flexes/sags from the weight it needs to support, what is it going to do under a load or a spirited ride? So besides having to adjust the rear of drivetrain centerline about 5/8" to the drivers side (loosen frame side mount bolts and use a little moron strenth to adjust) I'm going to have to invest in a better crossmember. Guess it's a good thing there is no body in the way to deal with it.

Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I got the transmission mount lined up with the mount hole on the crossmember but I'll leave the frame side mounts loose until I get the the crossmember issue delt with. Now I find out I have a Friday afternoon/Monday morning NOS clutch cover that needs opened up for my starter to line up with the bolt holes.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Found a G Force on Ebay from a place in Maryland (Speed Unlimited Performance.) Should have it before the 8th. This weekend I'll figure out the fate of the Jegs crossmember.

Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Found a G Force on Ebay from a place in Maryland (Speed Unlimited Performance.) Should have it before the 8th. This weekend I'll figure out the fate of the Jegs crossmember.
Speed Unreasonable? LOL They usually have a really good President's day sale... Roll down there; you'll get an education in bench racing, for sure. That place is a trip.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Got the crossmember today & already installed. Now I just need some new grade 8 bolts for the mount as it used the dual bolt set up & my lone bolt isn't long enough. Now everything is set in place & will get locked down after I get the bolts.

Attachments

• DSCN3293.JPG
    DSCN3293.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 135
  • DSCN3294.JPG
    DSCN3294.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 136
  • DSCN3295.JPG
    DSCN3295.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 128
Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
looks like that g-force was the way to go over the jegs nice job.no flexing going on there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor