Finally have a headlight out. Looking for upgrade recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Holley has a line, I think someone on the forum mentioned them a while back and I saved the link

I ordered a set for a buddy, I have heard good things
I have those same outer bulbs as my high beams. Work great, but RIP FM radio reception.
I never really listen to the radio plus I used a cheater since mine has an antenna delete so figure reception is sucky to begin with

Reactions: 1 user

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Yeah, best guess is they are using a poorly designed switch mode power supply circuit that turns the headlight wiring into an antenna for the noise coming out of the power supply. Doesn't effect me as I primarily use XM in the Pontiac, but I cant recommend them to anyone simply because if that glaring of a design defect is okay to the manufacturer, what other issues were also considered okay.

Exactly. And I have a nice Delco radio with good reception and I wouldn't want to trash that. I do enjoy my FM radio.

Reactions: 1 users

Deadty

n00b
Jun 10, 2022
There are many LED headlights on the market that are very well built and at the right price. It's worth noting that you have to install these bulbs properly. Pointing them at the airplane is definitely not a good idea.
1654920100685.png

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Second the motion to shop RockAuto. They are slowly cleaning out the old parts houses and you can get deals if you check in regularly. Old stock headlight bulbs don't age like fan belts and tires.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The smaller, four headlight system uses H4656 outers and H4651 inners (high beam only).
E443BCCA-4246-4CBA-9C4E-3DE1E95999E3.jpeg
The larger, two-headlight system uses H6054 lamps.
B0E06498-6C73-44E1-A94A-9840FB71634F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor