MALIBU Finally posting for the first time, hope it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot-71

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
I dont know what to really say, I am 48 and reliving my youth, I was 18 and got my first gbody, 79 Regal turbo coupe with a blown engine. I converted it to a small block, eventually built a 402 big block and a 4 speed muncie, only broke a couple rear ends lol, time went by and families happend and I wanted something to mess with again, so i found what I thought was a decent car, long story short My malibu came with factory 305, it now has a 327 with fuelie heads and mild cam, I couldnt believe it came with 2:21 gears, I put 3:42 and a posi in the stock housing, this winter I am sanding the body down and fixing some issues. I am no body guy so its been a struggle. Here are a cpl
image1 (1).jpeg
pics
image1.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Scoot-71

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
TX is where this car came from!

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
Welcome , looks like you dove right in ! Sometimes thats the best way . Hope you were able to find a 4 speed again ! I have found the 3;23 or 3;42 to be the best of both worlds.

Scoot-71

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
Welcome , looks like you dove right in ! Sometimes thats the best way . Hope you were able to find a 4 speed again ! I have found the 3;23 or 3;42 to be the best of both worlds.
I have a muncie sitting in the shop, need to aquire pedals and linkage, may go hydraulic, have a lead on a 9" metric axle, but right now concentrating on the body, does anyone know how well aftermarket doors fit?

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor