Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sittin Duck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2019
After struggling the last couple months with a mysterious stumble, I think my ride is fixed. I finally got some help and had a new air pan built for my hood scoop (trashed the old stuff that was questionable to start with) and got the 4150 re-done almost from scratch. I learned more last week about a carburetor than I did in the last 40+ years. As all hotrodders know, there is no beat of a good friend and Im lucky enough to have several. The car came alive this past Sunday and I still didn't trust her but she did her job.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Sittin Duck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2019
Sunday was the third race since the awakening and the Duck is zeroed in again at last. Air was 800' better this week from 2 and 3 weeks ago - I ran 9 passes in 2 weeks within .03. This week past the air was 800' faster & I picked up only .04. I lost round 4 dead-on with zero and .007 red. (7.320 on a 7.32 dial, the quickest 1/8th mi pass ever with this engine!!) Life is good again - Thanks Robin and ChristyLou!

Reactions: 1 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Sunday was the third race since the awakening and the Duck is zeroed in again at last. Air was 800' better this week from 2 and 3 weeks ago - I ran 9 passes in 2 weeks within .03. This week past the air was 800' faster & I picked up only .04. I lost round 4 dead-on with zero and .007 red. (7.320 on a 7.32 dial, the quickest 1/8th mi pass ever with this engine!!) Life is good again - Thanks Robin and ChristyLou!
Bracket racing, the sport of shoulda woulda and coulda!!!! I ran a guy three times at 2 local tracks and lost all 3 times to him. He wasn't a killer bracket racer, just a consistent late round finisher like I was. The first two times I lost to him by less than .002. The third and final time we ran I said I am going for him. So I took .005 out of the delay box and went up there. I forget what the car ran on the dial, but I can tell you I was -.005 red!!!!!! Keep that car running consistent and you will do your share of winning.

Reactions: 3 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Glad you got it figured out - it's a great confidence builder going up to the line knowing your car is going to do what it's suppose to.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor