FIrewall Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
There doesnt seem to be an aftermarket firewall panel available for any g-body's that i can find (not the heater blockoff plate - thanks fleming442). Does anybody know of one from another car, that is being manufactured, close enough to make work? I plan on converting to a vintage air system, so the entire passenger side / AC opening isnt important.

i've been looking for a donor on craigslist and fb marketplace and getting impatient!

As we all know the AC condensate and rain water cause major rust issues on the passenger side and mine has been fiberglassed many years ago.

Thanks!

Last edited:

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
So, to clarify, you need an entire firewall, not just the heater block off panel? Best bet would be to get one out of the southwest. I can't imagine that being a fun job.

Reactions: 1 user

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
So, to clarify, you need an entire firewall, not just the heater block off panel? Best bet would be to get one out of the southwest. I can't imagine that being a fun job.

Yes, that whole panel driver side/passenger side is what i'm looking for - or something really close. i actually have a brand new aluminum heater blockoff panel from UMI i got last year, don't think i'm going to use it.

you're right its not going to be a fun job, but i've got the body on a rotisserie right now and completely stripped. i have to replace the floor pan and the rear side window frames too due to rust also. i'm sure there will be plenty more as i dig into it.

Reactions: 1 users

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I have a rust free 86 GP I'm cutting into pieces. If you want to make the trip. $50

Reactions: 1 user

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
The entire car is rust free. It's a Texas car. A couple of the body panels are spoken for already. Drivers floor is maybe some or the passenger. But I think the rear pans are available. I am literally cutting it up with a sawzall and scrapping whatever is left. I got my stuff off it already. So make a comprehensive list of what you'd like. I'll PM you my number.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor