Firewall Split Loom Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I know this might sound like a crazy request but can some of you folks post some photos of the firewalls in your cars showing what you did as far as routing the wiring harness in split loom ?
Ive got all of the wiring figured out and its just a matter of routing it all to the bulkhead connection. Put it high on the firewall ? Low ? What have you guys done ?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Cleanest is, literally, hiding it. Make the best of the situation but using friction tape on the ends and transitions.

Over the years Ive collected a good amount of Packard loom tees and ends. Every time I'd get a part from the yards I'd try to grab any good ones I could find. Clean them with some Simple Green, spray them with SEM Landau Black and they look like new.
Ive moved this around at least a dozen times. Gotta run the wires but I dont know if this looks right. I cut out a lot of excess crap so I was able to use a length of 5/8 loom instead of the larger stuff but the tee looks big no matter what. If I lower it the throttle cable is there. Raise it and the wiper arms are right there. Thats why I was wondering what everyone else did.

Attachments

• IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Two likes, no comments or pictures ? What do you folks think ? Looks okay ? Too high ? Too low ? A different idea ? Better way of doing it ? I have a few of the OEM clamps. Theyre just on there with tape. Nows the time to change it. LOL

IMG_0379.jpg

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
My plan is to either get matching wire or a donor harness and extend the wires where needed to route them low enough to be hidden.

Hutch

That sounds like a good idea but instead of splicing wires why not just replace from the bulkhead out ?

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
On my black 79 I ran them along in the factory position, when i do the blue 79 Monte Carlo i plan to run it all low along the firewall pinch weld. Trying to keep it all low and out of sight.

Reactions: 1 users

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
I ran mine under the brake booster instead of above it.

Best I have at the moment. But you get the idea.

IMG_20190804_163017.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor