First cars anyone still have theirs? Here's mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
Getting ready to install an OLDS 455 I'm daring to be different with this build. Lot of old memories in this old car. Thanks for looking. Mods I have made: took off the half top lucily found the two door hard top chrome trim, manual to power windows and locks, added pwr trunk rel., heavy duty rear springs, modern rear view with map lights, dome light, 2 & 1/2 in exhaust. Future plans: putting an old set of polished aluminium"saw blades" on it with new tires, 15x7's and 15x8's (for now), paint of course orig color,maybe modern interior or redo the orig.,fix the ac, maybe a suspention package to handle better, new windshield,all new stereo, bumper fillers or "tuck" the old ones.

Attachments

• cars 142.jpg
    cars 142.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,667
  • cars 058.jpg
    cars 058.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,658
  • cars 133.jpg
    cars 133.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,646

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Not first car but bought my GN new in Nov of 86. That Olds is way kool. Build specs and goals for car?

Wile E

Greasemonkey
Apr 13, 2010
Central WI
The car in my Avatar. My 1979 Malibu. Bought it from my mother back around 1983. Here's a old picture taken about 84-85 after I hit a deer (8 point buck). Had a body shop fix it, drove it for a few years with few different motor combo's. (327,350,400) Had it painted black around 1986. Pounded on it for a few more years. Then put it in storage about 1991 for a little over ten years before I started the "body off". Still have those Rocket rims if anybody is interested (14x7). Like the idea of the Olds 455, keep us updated.

Malibudeer001.jpg

001.jpg

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
Yes i still have my first car, i have owned it since i was 16 and my mom owned it since the car was 3 years old and she was friends with the guy that special ordered it back in 1978. So i have pretty much had or been around the car my entire life, my dad hates it and wishes i would sell it.

IMG_20110507_114043-1.jpg

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
still have mine. 80 regal limited. dad ordered it as a hot air 3.8 with turbo. now far from it. got it from the parents when i was 14 and my dad and i put in a nice little pump gas 355. so far from original now its not funny.ive had it myself for 11 years now

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
i think i might be one of the few people who are glad their first car was a pos.

mine was a rotted out 1966 ford fairlane 500 convertible. it ran for afew days. that was about it.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I do but it isn't a G. I bought it when I was 17 and it was my primary transportation for 8 years until it was modified by a sweet 19y/o girl making an illegal left in front of me.
chariot.jpg

DSC00093-1.jpg

010-8.jpg

So far I've collected Corvette front and rear clips, a replacement frame, an LT1 and T5, replacement fenders, hood, grill, and doors. I'm prepping one of my other cars for sale right now so I can free up some extra cash. I've decided it's finally time to get my truck back on the road.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Yup still have mine, the malibu, in January it will be 12 years......

To the OP: Is that Alamosa Aqua on your olds :mrgreen: (aka amc engine metallic blue)? If so, you beat me to it hahaha, I was thinking on that color (just cause it's awesome) for my 455 that will end up in my malibu, hahaha. Looks great.

GBODYLS3

Apprentice
Feb 11, 2011
MY FIRST CAR WAS A 1957 BELAIR CONVERTIBLE. HAD A 283 BORED TO 301 WITH A POWERGLIDE TRANS. IT WAS A NICE CAR. I TRADED IT OFF IN 1969 FOR A SS396 CAMARO, 375HP, 4 SPEED, 4:11 POSI, BLK/WHT HOUNDS TOOTH, LEMANS BLUE WITH WHITE STRIPES. THAT WAS A SWEET RIDE. SURE WISH I WOULD HAVE KEPT THAT ONE. I TRADED IT IN 1972 ON A LT1 CORVETTE. IT WAS AN ALRIGHT CAR, BUT I THINK THE CAMARO WAS MORE FUN. I TRADED THE CORVETTE ON A 1976 MONTE WHEN WE WERE EXPECTING OUR FIRST KID. DECIDED WE NEEDED MORE ROOM. HAD SEVERAL MONTE SS's OVER THE YEARS AND STILL DO HAVE 2 G BODY'S. 1988 MONTE SS AND 1988 CUTLASS SUPREME CLASSIC. I JUST WISH I WOULD HAVE REALIZED WHAT THE VALUE OF SOME OF THOSE CARS WOULD BE 40 YEARS LATER. OH WELL, LIVE AND LEARN.

hotwheelsboy28

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2011
Jasper, Tennessee
My goals are to have somewhat of a cruiser/sleeper with all the comforts,maybe a handling package, later a very nice set of wheels and to relive the times I've had in it. Yes, that's AMC metallic blue I love the color it's old school, I like to think outside the box at times. I was in high school when Hot Rod came out with the Dare to be Different issue and always dreamed of doing so with my Buick. The engine is a 90,000 orig. mile 455 bought it for $300.00 it had'nt ran in several years the freeze plugs had rusted thru,but when torn down was in incredible condition, but found a black widow spider during tear down, also found another one just this past monday, my best friend since middle school said we should name the motor as such. The bores were only honed, crank was polished, even reused the stock pistons (olds aftermarket pistons ain't cheep).The J heads needed some work, all new stock sized valves, new Comp springs and surfaced. Cloyes stock style single timing gears and chain, Melling reg. volume oil pump, Comp Extreme Energy cam and lifters .218@ 50 .475/.480 lift, srew in studs and guide plates 3/8 pushrods all Comp,Scorpion 1.6 roller rockers, new Dura Bond harmonic balancer,waterpump,fuel pump,Edelbrock performer intake Edelb. valve covers, chrome dipstick,Victor gaskets, Pro Comp distributer,new plug wires and seperators, had the Quadrajet rebuilt i think its a 800 cfm,Summit chrome air cleaner, Flow tech headers and the long lost tri shield (Buick) chrome wing/ spinner nut to top it off I bought almost twenty years ago it had been missing for around ten years. I still have to buy some more parts to finish it off but it's almost ready to drop in. Tommorrow I plan on finishing up cleaning, pressure washing and painting the engine bay. In the end I hope to have a sleek, reliable, easy on the eyes, fun cruiser that's no longer known as the unreliable spotted pup by my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor