First Drive of the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PILOT

Apprentice
Apr 25, 2007
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
Well May 2-4 has hit, and I decide to get my Regal out of the barn. I get it out, check the fluids (oil is filthy, transmission low - top it up) and air up the BFG's. Decide to take it on the street with a good friend.

I live in the country with a paved back country road. So I am being easy with it, get to an intersection and flick on my signal for a right. Waiting on a guy in a little dodge or ford truck that defininitely had exhaust work done (That's all I could tell) to go by. He checks out my car, and makes a left and mashes his pedal. I think my fuse popped when I decided to pull out, do a 180 and get back on his *ss. Took me about 1 1/2 miles to catch him. I'm pull up beside him (going up a fairly steep hill I might add) and we both hit it. I was gone, and left him hanging in the dust after a couple of seconds. He had the biggest grin on his face when I passed him. I get a mile ahead, throw the brakes on and turn 'er around for home. Kind of wished he would have stopped, but he kept going.

Anyway, nothing special but a fun first drive nonetheless. My poor 305 was tickin' when I got back - and so was my heart! 😀

Nice kill. It's been a long time since I have gotten a thumbs up for anything that I have driven. I am not a 305 afficianado, but they are a good cheap thrill. I am glad to see that you're enjoying yours.

Chickenbone

and at that time sometimes its worth all we got. but you know when the 305 goes its time to switch. i run a 305 in my gp. its ok its goes when i need it but she kick like i want her to. so its time for an upgrade. ya dig!

just checked the domain pg nice regal, my gp has the same type of seats and at first one wouldn't understand why i wouldn't put racing seats in the front unless i let them get in or ride in it. i plan to keep my inside completly stock on the inside, i'll switch out the guages on the dash. but thats it for the inside. got the keep the ladies comfortable, when i hit the gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor