First G Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

85cutty442ttop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2022
I've been trying to get my hands on a 442 since I was a teen. The opportunity presented itself to me in the form of a white-on-blue 1985 ttop. It has rust in some areas and is going to need paint and the engine runs pretty good but I think a rebuild is in order as I hear a ticking noise sounds to me like rocker arms. There is a list of things I plan to fix I don't know about the 307 so I'm looking into other SBO BBO options with a little more get up and go. right now I'm collecting parts to address my rust I have new fenders hood just looking for a driver door then I can start collecting other parts any way ill be here with a lot of questions I'm an RN, not a mechanic but I did manage to Ls Swap my C10 with some guidance so the 442 shouldn't be a problem

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If you stick with an Olds 350 or 403, it'll be a super-easy swap. A 455 may be a little bit more involved, but for the most part, it'll work fairly easy, too. You just need to beef up the transmission a little to take the extra torque. Driveshaft and rear should be fine unless you're going to build a monster 455 or something.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

85cutty442ttop

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2022
If you stick with an Olds 350 or 403, it'll be a super-easy swap. A 455 may be a little bit more involved, but for the most part, it'll work fairly easy, too. You just need to beef up the transmission a little to take the extra torque. Driveshaft and rear should be fine unless you're going to build a monster 455 or something.
Thanks I am searching around for a good 350 to build upon

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Regal doors 81-87 and Cutlass doors 81-88 are the same good luck finding a finding a pair not rusted out and be prepared to pay for a clean pair.
I would stick with sbo like 69hurstolds said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor