first kill in my G in 1992!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMALLBLOCKHERO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2008
BUFFALO N.Y.
this is gonna need a bit of setting up so bear with me.

first the specs on my first 'bu

PART1 i buy a 1981 malibu for 75 bucks with a blown 229 in 1992. its a th350 car and stock 3.23s out back. i yank the motor and buy a 75 impala with a 350 for 300 bucks. swap the mounts and use a 79 impala 305 wiring harness to drop it in. a performer intake, quadrajet and $85 hedmann headers later she runs like a champ. the th350 had a smaller converter from the 229 so it acted like a weird type of stall and launched HARD. killin the tires i could scrounge up to slide on the 79 vette rallyes i had on it.(i was after all 17 years old and worked part time right outta high school, so i was kinda broke).

THE KILL im with my first girlfriend at about 10 pm at night. i know the car has some "get" in it, ive ran a few friends and beat them all. im at a 4 lane intersection going to make a right hand turn. up besides me pulls a brand new 92 firebird formula. remember this is 1992 so these cars were the atypical street brawlers for guys who bought them new. the guy driving was the complete stereotype italian guy with a big wad of hair, pinky ring and gold chain with the shirt unbuttoned. he had his blonde girlfriend in the car with him with her hair teased up so high it stuck out the t-top opening.(again its 1992, hairspray was the sh*t).he looks over at my car, and its not the prettiest thing but has rallyes and the lope from the turbo mufflers. he revs the anemic TPI305 and begins to laugh at me. i abruptly turn off the turn signal and drop it into low1 on the column. much to my girlfriends chagrin. i jump the car and she begins yellin me,"no...no..were not racing!". the light changes to green i smoke the tires 20 some odd feet and get way out on the guy. in my rear view i can see the shocked look on his face and hes beatin that car to death to try and keep up. i hit second and hes 4-5 lengths back and falling. at third hes barely in the mirror, and were coming up on another red light. i let off coast to light and stop. after what felt like an eternity.. he gets to the light with a disgusted look on his face and his girl bitchin at him. i throw the peace sign and he returns a reluctant nod for my job well done. he turns off wth his girl still bitchin, and his tail between his legs. i make my destination with the proudness only a father knows when he teaches his son how to hit a baseball, or catch a long pass. as at age 17 i built this car myself and was self taught, when noone thought it would ever run after i took it apart in my parents driveway. she was no beauty queen and didnt win every race. but she was my first hot rod and i built it...16 years ago. and it started my life long love affair with the G-body . the only things i have left from that car are memories, photos and the 350 block that was in it. collecting dust and rust in my garage. oh and the grille is hanging on the wall as well after the car was hit by some old guy in GEO.

did i mention my girl was yelling the whole time during the run? and only shut up after we won. then she was happy and wanted to race everything.

ahahahahaha my girl hates street racing.
If I say I ran someone stop light to stoplight she gets all bent,.
But if shes in the car she'll say race em everytime were lined up with anything.
Its funny, but I rarely ever run on teh road, unless its on the reservation.
Speeding, points and tickets arent my thing hahaha.

Great kill story, way detailed and enjoyable read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor